ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Juddering when pulling off

S2000

I had something strange happen when I was driving earlier. I got in the car (I had been driving it a few minutes earlier) and pulled off then turned in the road to face the other way. When I went to pull off after turning the car though it started to judder really badly. I was pulling off at quite low revs but nothing it wouldnt normally handle with ease. At first I thought I had just about stalled it and gave the accelerator a bit more but it made no difference. It then got to the point where I was moving (slowly) with the clutch totally released and the accelerator floored but it just juddered (revs didnt change). The car then suddenly was going fine again and it ran as usual.

Ive never had this happen before and I was just wondering if this is likely to be anything more serious or if anyone knows what caused it as it was really strange.

I tried moving off at low revs again a wee bit later and the car just did it as normal.

Has anyone got any idea as to what could have caused this? Could it be to do with the fuel filter as I am planning on changing that soon when I will be servicing the car and I dont know when it was last changed (car is on about 67000 miles)

S2000

That doesnt sound good. What is likely to cause this?

Im hoping it wont be a big problem anyway because it has only happend the once.

6/468 17poo

sounds like the clutch mate, i had the same problem was annoying then the release bearing in the clutch went causing a rattling noise on idle!either rev it more or get the clutch done.

i maybe wrong but this is what happened to me and if you do get it done get someone professional to do it other wise they will fuk it up like what happened to me!!! wasnt happy

S2000

Thanks for the advice mate. Ill see if it does it again but as I said it was a complete one off and Ive not had any other problems pulling off at all. If it is what you think will the clutch have to be replaced an dif so how much is that likely to cost - the car is a Mk1 Ph2 1.4RT.

Thanks.

6/468 17poo

mines a mk 1 phase 3 1.4 (same car) cost £300 i think just new plate and release bearings, but like you sed it was a one off so you might be lucky and just bought the clutch up too quick!get it on a hill and try it!mine was an engine out job i think as it made it easier, i had all belts changed aswell and some other work!

S2000

Thanks again mate. Ive just gone out in the car again for a minute and I tried pulling off on a hill with no revs (I mean not using the accelerator) and it managed it fine. I then tried pulling off on a hill with no revs whilst the car was rolling back and again it was fine. I then finally tried pulling off on a hill with nor revs whilst rolling back and bringing the clutch up quite sharply whilst doing so and there were still no problems.

Hopefully it was just a one off and that there are no real problems. Is there anything other than the clutch that it could have been?

500bhp Scoob

i used to get this sometimes with mine, only occasionally, so never worried about it.

Start worrying when it becomes a regular occurance.

S2000

^^^^

Pretty much what I am thinking just now. Im just trying to get the car running perfectly just now before I start the fun part of lowering, alloys etc.

Mole - you havent replied again to my post in the "Exterior, Power, Mechanical" section - whats wrong? ;)

Standards are slipping ;)

BTW have you finished your turbo conversion yet?

500bhp Scoob

Lol :) I did try replying earlier to it, but it didnt let me.. anyways ill do that in a second.

Should be fine, i think mine just happened as it was a worn clutch, was the original and it was on 89k when i got it, and was on 99k when i pulled the engine out.

As for the conversion, its almost there, just sorting out the routing of pipework for the intercooler.. if you check out my WWW link on my profile, youll find some pics of the conversion so far if your interested :)