ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Jubilee Clip on aux belt tensioner question

172 ph2
Going to change my aux belt and tensioner tomorrow - after reading the info on here, was going to go for the jubilee clip on the new tensioner to fit it back together option... only question is, I have the new tensioner and can't figure out where exactly where to put the jubilee clip... I figured it went in between the springs, but after looking at the one that arrived today, this won't work as it is sealed with rubber - all help appreciated

2012-10-12203720.jpg

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
I had to do this once as i couldnt find the tool .. Dangerous idea if the clip lets go while your hands are down there its going to hurt

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
If you are doing it this way then bolt the tensioner on first, then put the jubilee clip on, or like has been said you risk it pinging apart.

I quite like this method as it leaves you with both hands free to position the belt.

nup

clio 172
Thats the way I always do it. and ive done more than i care to remember. Be brave. I have never hurt myself :eek:

172 ph2
No guts no glory gents.

Worked a treat too - what a PITA the whole job was though --- no way could I have done it alone - lining up bolts with holes in the bodywork FTL.

Info on here helped hugely though.

172 PH1
Yep just done this too, it's a winner for me - really handy and easy.

Use a good quality jubilee though.