ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Jon's Trackday PH1 172 project thread

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
Glad to see it getting a run out :)

I have some questions for you on your Tiguan actually, if I may. Basically, are they any good? Any engine / spec level better than others? Is visibility ok as the other half would be driving it...

172, Tiguan
Glad to see it getting a run out :)

I have some questions for you on your Tiguan actually, if I may. Basically, are they any good? Any engine / spec level better than others? Is visibility ok as the other half would be driving it...

yeah we love ours. Had it for almost three years now. Boot isn't massive but that's it's only negative point really. I'd stick with the SE spec as we found the sport a bit harsh for our needs on B roads. Great car though, it even does 40mpg most of the time.

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
yeah we love ours. Had it for almost three years now. Boot isn't massive but that's it's only negative point really. I'd stick with the SE spec as we found the sport a bit harsh for our needs on B roads. Great car though, it even does 40mpg most of the time.

Cheers, SE spec it is then! I want it as comfortable as possible, given the rest of the fleet is a micra and a track clio. Baller ;)

Are these reasonably resistant to miles? Contemplating a new lease, or a second hand buy.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
I've forgotten what driving on trackday tyres was like compared to road rubber. To feel yours today on full slicks was another level again. The lateral load they just effortlessly absorbed was astonishing.

Thanks for the laps. Great fun. Good to see you again. And everyone else.

:approve:

Christopher.

South Central-South Coast
ClioSport Area Rep
Came up early for 10 mins with the intention of returning later but my old man took his car back :(

14867101951_72b6e336dd_z.jpg

172, Tiguan
I love those wheels lol! thanks for the pic.

No worries Mark, it was great to catch up again. The slicks were amazing, I'm not sure if go without them anymore!

Great day, but it all goes so quickly and you never get a chance to do, or see everything you want to. We're all heading back up north today with the clio in storage down here for 6 weeks or so. In the meantime I need to sort out an engine rebuild. :(

172, Tiguan
The car started blowing oil out of the breathers early on. Initial hunch is that the piston rings need replacing, so fun and games!

172, Tiguan
Yeah, we actually had a small fire where the oil was dripping straight onto the exhaust. We rigged up a catch tank for the second session but the fire had melted the brake servo pipe, so that was fixed for the third session. The car just kept blowing out 100/150ml of oil from then on every session!

172, Tiguan
It's fantastic mate. More so on the motorway actually! I need to sort out the water dripping issue though. Reminded me of my dads Westfield!

172, Tiguan
Better that's for sure. The car had noticeably less roll. The anti rollbar was helping as well, though other issues meant I never found the time to put it on the hard position which was a shame. Lap time was down from last year, though I suspect most of that was down to the slicks and + 25bhp. :)

182cup & 172 racecar
I remember this little beasty, it stayed with me for a couple of days.

Tape over the front or a shower cap will stop the ingress of water.