ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

JLK's 1.2 Extreme 3

JLK

1.2 Replica
After owning my car for a few months, I felt it high time to start a thread to show and record my progress with the car. :) It's a Extreme 3 1.2 16v on a 2004 plate! It came with 57,000ish miles on the clock and was MOT'D and taxed the day I picked it up with only one advisory which was the front bushes were replaced almost as soon as I purchased the car. As I was 17 when I purchased the car I was currently taking lessons and struggling to pass my theory (passed 2nd time) the car was just sitting for two months while I was customizing/modifying it. Having passed in October the car was not being used so had a chance to go over and check it for common problems etc. I only have these photo's from my Instagram of the car when I purchased it however this is fitted with Angel Eye headlights as I had the hazed headlights and thought they looked a better alternative and some lexus style rear clusters (going to get slated for this) and M3 style wing mirrors which have now been removed as they looked too chavvy for my liking...
IMG_20130906_173307.jpg20130906_165821.jpg20130906_165843.jpg20130913_153655.jpg20130913_153645.jpg

So after removing the wing mirrors and placing the standard mirrors back on, I was just browsing through some project threads on here and I purchased a R.S. front grille, a cup leather and alcantra interior interior, while the whole interior was out I also installed rear speakers and replaced the fronts. Next was a Sony bluetooth radio. Following fitting the interior resulted in the airbag + serv light came on due to the seats and some dodgy wiring.
IMG_20130915_170832.jpgIMG_20130915_115928.jpg
So all of this was completed for when I passed in October and since then I have done some simple mods such as the Team Heiko wind deflectors and spray painted some of the interior strips; Airbag strip, Hazard trim and the drivers side trim in malaga orange to brighten up the inside. However I currently have no pictures of this. Shoutout to g172 who supplied me with Brembo discs and pads so I could replace my worn brakes!

At the moment I currently have some RS sport mats, a grab handle and the sun visor grommets which I need to fit as the old ones are fuc*** due to having to do the sunroof, following the guide on here however no point doing this as the car is filthy and I currently have a 172 body kit, exterior door moldings and exterior door handles in the process of being sprayed at the body shop so they need to be collected. Big thanks to Beaniemoo and Ade T for supplying me it at very very cheap prices, highly recommended.

Will get some more pictures up of the car at the moment in a few days and more when I have fitted the 172 Kit to the car.

Plans at the moment for the car;

Keep the car running efficiently!
Source some new tyres/alloys
Get airbag + Serv light removed
Get all my current parts fitted
Need to have a look at the tracking or something similar as car slightly pulls however this could be due to budget tyres.

Any suggestions welcome and constructive criticism!

Arctic 182FF
Plans sound good and I like the mods apart from the lights, front and back. Pretty much everyone on here will advise you to return the rear lights to standard and the front lights either to standard or upgrade to xenons.

Other than that I'd just suggest coilovers/lowering springs and you'll need spacers to fill the 172 arches. I'd also suggest, since you just passed your test, be careful when driving.

JLK

1.2 Replica
Plans sound good and I like the mods apart from the lights, front and back. Pretty much everyone on here will advise you to return the rear lights to standard and the front lights either to standard or upgrade to xenons.

Other than that I'd just suggest coilovers/lowering springs and you'll need spacers to fill the 172 arches. I'd also suggest, since you just passed your test, be careful when driving.

Yeah I could of guessed about the lights tbh...I was thinking whether the lights would look good with the 172 kit, if they don't they I'll be definitley getting xenons. Regarding the arches, I don't feel it would be worth some spacers or coilovers untill I have half decent set of alloys tbh.

Arctic 182FF
Yeah I could of guessed about the lights tbh...I was thinking whether the lights would look good with the 172 kit, if they don't they I'll be definitley getting xenons. Regarding the arches, I don't feel it would be worth some spacers or coilovers untill I have half decent set of alloys tbh.

The car will likely look comical with the 172 kit, no lows, spacers, or alloys. So I'd try to do those things all at the same time if possible. Or at least coilovers, wheels and spacers first.

JLK

1.2 Replica
I have a set of dynamique alloys however they need new tyres and a refurb :/ So just contemplating purchasing some 15/16 Turinis if I can stumble across any. Forgot to mention also got the bullets coming within a few weeks from the sprayshack groupbuy!

JLK

1.2 Replica
Small Update

Yesterday I received my rear bumper, door moldings and door handles which are now at body shop being sprayed along with the rest of the kit. Also received my graphics from n2grafix I think there called I got the gear insert, airbag and steering wheel inserts in Anthracite and I also got the brackets to rivet on to the sills so the sideskirts stay up! Going to try and get the whole body kit fitted on Saturday as im picking it up on Friday but have work. Then going to lacque the graphics into the dash strips! However I had a set of dynamique alloys on the car but I have had to remove them because the tyres were ruined, so back went on the steelies :( Pictures to follow.

JLK

1.2 Replica
Any recommendations for some 20mm front spacers and 10mm rear spacers and some lowering springs/coilovers?

JLK

1.2 Replica
So after a long and entertaining day has finished, time to update you all! Fitted the 172 front bumper, wings and rear bumper. This took a few hours and was well worth it. The body shop asked if I could fit the sideskirts on Tuesday so they could go to see palaca today so there getting done on Tuesday morning. So once I was home with the help of my brother I set about replacing the door moldings and the exterior door handles which are all colour coded and smooth!!! Also gave the car a clean and fitted the grommets for sunviso and a new grab handle and fitted new Renault sport mats!!! Greatly coming together just need to source some front and rear plastic wheel arches as the originals did not fit the new bumpers and I want some NEW WHEELS!!! I only have a few pics for today but more will be added tomorrow morning. Sorry to bore you all...

8yqyha3y.jpg

e3ary7ez.jpg

ejy7ugyr.jpg

After a clean but dark

ugy6yqa8.jpg

JLK

1.2 Replica
Really not keen on the plates dude, clean standard fonts with a 3/4 front would set it off nicely imo. Plus those lights just don't look right.. other than that looking good :)

Cheers man, however I really think the lights look much better with the 172 kit than the standard, the kit kinda brings out the better look imho.

And peel off the little extreme sticker :p
That's the first thing I did

Yeah thats going to be happening very soon, thanks for comment man!

JLK

1.2 Replica
Got some additional pictures, just needing the bullets from group buy to finish off the colour coding aspect! Also done my gearknob!

20140119_150942.jpg20140119_151000.jpg20140119_150914.jpg

Monaco
Im sticking it down today with superglue!

It should hold itself in. Does it not still have the little clips that locate into the knob? If the knob is too warped and it keeps falling out buy a new one. They're only a couple of pounds and will make a massive difference. Get in touch with one of the people breaking 1*2's in the for sale section, get a leather one and it will even be an upgrade :)

clio 1.2, prelude
looking forward too seeing the sport kit mate! trying to convice the mrs to put one on hers haha!
however i would loose the rear lights! nice car non the less! :)