ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Jet wash just gave up the ghost

Megane r26
Well thought I'd give the car a clean today so got all the gear out and set up and powered up the jet wash. Always bleed it before turning it on (hold the trigger till theres a steady water flow). So I turned it on then all the sudden it made a noise and the pressure dropped and it started pissing water out the front!

Anyone else had this problem?

Yes, it usually means the motor is damaged/has gone. Where do you keep it during Winter?

What make is it?

Megane r26
in the house mate, under the stairs. Just been onto karacher and its just out of warrenty so Ive purchased a recon unit off them now

Hmmm, thought it might be. They (the lower models at least) have plastic impellers, so break easily. I'd go for a Nilfisk personally, as they have metal impellers...

Megane r26
I've stuck with karcher due to the fact I've only just bought a autobrite snow foam lance that's compatible and for 36 quid for a recon unit with guarantee you can't go far wrong

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
If it's a Karscher, take the case apart and check the outlet hose. The vibrations cause the securing Clip to come off and dislodge the hose, hence water pissing out everywhere.

Clio Sport 172 Ph2
Ive had 3 karcher's in about 20 years..... first one went for about 15 to 16 years before needing a repair.... similar fault to what happened to yours... mine popped a valve..... anyway somebody borrowed the machine without me knowing & killed it. So they replaced it with an entry level karcher.... lasted a year...... cracked the plastic part of the header, leaked all its oil. so now got an all singing all dancing one seems pretty good. E spares do all the parts for em to if u can repair yours.