ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Jelly bean issues?

53 Clio's & counting
I keep getting pestered by my S3 to update to JB, though from the horror stories I read on the net there seems to be a lot of issues:

Very quick battery drain
Camera issues
bluetooth issues
Plus a load of others that I have no idea what (I'm very much useless at any type of technologies lol)

If the horror stories are true, I think i will just stay on ICS!

So anyone out ther with an S3 on JB?

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Not sure about the s3 but when I updated my nexus from ICS to JB the panoramic camera turned s**t. Also the focusing on the nexus seems to have gone downhill too.
As for battery etc, they seemed to have improved. Don't use Bluetooth so can't comment on that.

Clio 172 cup
On the S3, how do you find out if you are running ics or jelly bean as in settings and click on about it doesnt tell you anywhere

Bought my s3 on ebay and have no idea???

Clio 172
Mines fine, but the keyboards changed so you don't get smileys you get crappy symbols you don't need. and the pages you have open numbers on the top right of the internet have changed to bookmarks so I keep pressing bookmarks instead of changing windows.

Why they bother with silly things like that i'll never know

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
No issues with mine, been running it for about 2 week now. Battery is no better or worse.

2014 Focus Titanium
Advantages - smoother, quicker, more features.

Disadvantages - quite a few people having teething problems which can be solved with some technical knowledge and the ability to google.

For me personally its far better than ICS, so smooth and quick it's ridiculous. My battery went downhill though, I went from 1.5 days to about 18 hours on a full charge. I downloaded "Better Battery Stats" and did about 20 minutes of googling and research and resolved the issue and now I get around 36-40 hours out of a full battery which is absolutely plenty for me.

Fact is I shouldn't have had to do that, it should have been fine out of the box. Having said that most people don't have issues like mine, and it was relatively easy to solve so I'm happy, but a lot of iOS users wouldn't be which is fair enough.