ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

jc5 gearbox, final ratio

LHD ph1 172
Hi all, that's the work..

I was playing with the box since monday, had to do cambelt on my ph1 172 and I decide to leave engine and gearbox for a better work and shorten the gearbox final ratio, which is very very very long for me.

I use the car often in mountain roads, and I think that going uphill you can even eat a sandwich while waiting to gear up..

Have find a new jc5 gearbox out of a 172 light (cup in uk) ,and decided to keep my standard gearbox as spare..

final ratio goes from my ph1's 15/58 to 13/57, and have as spare a 15/61 that came out of the cup gearbox I have buy..

Some pics of the work:approve:

the ph1 after about 2h and a half..

engine and gearbox down

some scattered pieces

brand new 13/57 final ratio

work in progress

complete new shaft

differential ratio

last photos before having the gearbox closed

I think tomorrow morning having the cambelt and AC belt done, and tomorrow evening having the car running:approve:

Sorry for the bad english, a bit my fault and a bit google translator:)

...hi neibor! i'm from Greece and ihave a face 1 clio to! i think that the short final ratio is one of the best mod. for our cars!
really the clio cup use the 13/57? how shorter is this than the 15/58?
are there any other modifications we have to do fo fit on our boxes?
and something last from wich renault gearboxes we can use other shorter final drives?
hope the result will be nice!

LHD ph1 172
no no 13/57 is aftermarket one...

ph1 172 use 15/58 and ph2 172/182/cup use the 15/61, a little shorter...

no other modifications needed...if you use another gearbox like me be sure it came out of a ph1 or a 172 cup/light...I'm sure those have the tacho sensor in the box..

FF172 ph2 and 182 have it on the wheels, but I'm not 100%sure on that, that's other peolpe words...

...οκ ! 13/57? short a lot but i like it!
it gives on 7000 rpm : 55.0 91.1 128.6 165.1 213.7
really how much did it cost? where did you bought it?
thanks...

LHD ph1 172
I bought it at a local producer, they make every tipe of gearing, differential and complete gearboxes...it cost me about 450€...