ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Janspeed Supersport/Sport motorway noise.

Clio 172
Hi,

I've recently been researching a replacement exhaust for my 182 due to my standard system blowing badly. I have read numerous threads on these exhausts and just want a definitive answer really. Roy's thread was brilliant in explaining a lot of things, where he says the Supersport was slighty boomy on the motorway, someone in the thread also said it was silent at 70. Ideally just need to know how noisy the Supersport is on the motorway.

So, what is the definitive answer to this as I will be ordering one in the next week. Also I hardly touch the motorway, but now and again I've been known to do a long trip down to London.

Thanks for your time.

Ph1 ITB'd 172
I have just had the Janspeed supersport fitted, it has no centre silencer. Its fine at 70 leptons, no noise over and above standard. It is a little louder at 80 leptons though.

I haven't yet done any long runs yet, but from what I have done I cant see it being a problem. I am doing 3000 miles around Europe in it in 4 week time.

If you are worried about noise get the sport instead of the supersport as it has a centre silencer.

Clio 172
Thanks for that information. Well I have ordered the supersport to save a few pennies, as it seems it will be perfect for what i want.

Will put my opinion on here of the exhaust noise when I have it fitted.

RB 182 cup
had mine over a year and im on the motorway every day and to be honest i dont really notice it anymore

BG 182 FF
I had the same question about the Janspeed one but couldn't find a definitive answer. In the end I had a custom one built last weekend by a local place that has a good rep.

Can't even here it at 70mph or with normal driving, but give the old girl some beans and my god does it sounds sweet now.

Well chuffed as I'm hard to please and hate loud exhausts.

Almost silent at 70, anything above and below and you start hearing it but it's not too loud, unless I've just got used to it.

Clio 172
Well, I have had it fitted and am a bit :S about it really.

The exhaust makes a great noise, but seems quite boomy a lot of the time.

Another problem is the fitment is not great at all, had all new exhaust mounts too. The tailpipes are really off center, but i need to have a play with them this weekend.

Overall, I like the system but dislike at the same time!

Will give it a few weeks and see how i feel then.

"Navy" N17 TWO
I have the K-Tec recessed version of the supersport - can be a bit loud on the motorway but as some have said you get used to it.

I think it's meant to be a "loud exhaust" - maybe a tad louder than I thought when buying it but I don't hate it at all.
Some people have got into the car and asked me is my exhaust blowing though :slap:
Don't think it helps keeping the noise down when I have the exhaust paired up with a sports cat either lol

PS - you just gotta love tunnels ;)

Clio 172
Just a quick update for people looking to buy this exhaust.

I hate it, I know it my fault for buying the unsilenced version but I did not expect it to be as boomy as it is.

The exhaust is horribly boomy in all driving conditions, except when at a constant speed with minimal throttle.

The exhaust did also not fit well and I needed tie wraps to straighten it up the best I could, but one tip is a lot further out than the other.

On the motorway it is fine when cruising but if you decide to move land and need to put you're foot down the noise is horrible and boomy.

I know I have been very negative towards the exhaust, the main reason is nothing has been right with it at all starting with being delivered with a piece missing.

KTEC did very well in getting the part to me the next day. This still lost me £30 as I found out this piece was missing when the garage it take it to tried to fit it and charge me for their efforts which is completely understandable.

All in all, exhaust will be for sale soon. Hope this helps someone.

Note - It has the CAT.

Clio 182
Bummer.

This has thrown me off as I was looking to get the non silenced version. I figured since I was keeping the standard cat I thought that would silence it a good bit anyway.

Seen a video with standard cat and silenced centre section and it sounded whank :(