ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Jailbreaking: A Guide... & Best Features.

im on 4.3.5 with a iphone 4

i tried downgrading to 4.3.3 but couldn't get itunes to "sign it"

whats the latest build of 5.0 that is untethered?

many smacnks:)

Bus w**ker
Yor can only downgrade if you have your SHSH blobs backed up from the previous version of iOS, as Apple are no longer signing 4.3.3 - hence the iTunes problem.

5.0 is only in beta, so IMO it's pointless JBing it as the older betas expire fairly regularily. As for which one is available as untethered I've no idea, as I've not bothered to pay attention, but iOS5b7 can be JB tethered.

As a total Jail break novice do I understand it that I currently can't break my iPhone4 running 4.3.5?

Also, if & when I can, my phone is on it's 2nd year Applecare so if the worse would to happen, can I get it back to OE spec if needed?

Cheers, Simon

Bus w**ker
Yeah it can be JB but it will be a tethered JB. So a waste of time IMO.

If you need to get it replaced then you just restore back to factory and take it in, nae danger.

Bus w**ker
There is a semi-tether available for 5.0, not sure on 5.0.1 but I'd assume so. It allows you to reboot your phone if needs be and still have some basic functions and not a useless brick, I personally still wouldn't bother.

There is a semi-tether available for 5.0, not sure on 5.0.1 but I'd assume so. It allows you to reboot your phone if needs be and still have some basic functions and not a useless brick, I personally still wouldn't bother.

Everything i do with my phone that needs restarting (same with my android phones) im always by the computer anyway

Mk2 Golf GTI
I'm not gonna bother. My old one crashed a few times so I'm guessing I'd need the computer to restart it.

I've not got ios5 and I want it. My 3GS is jailbroken with ios4 with a programme called sn0wbreeze which I believe is from the makers of redsn0w. What do I have to do, step-by-step? I'll give anyone that can help a hug :)

Perrinho

ClioSport Club Member
Just load cydia, write down all the tweaks and themes you have installed for future reference and then update your iphone to iOS5 via itunes. Once an untethered JB is released, in probably about a month, just jailbreak the phone and reinstall your cydia stuff.

Bus w**ker
Or buy PKGBackup and save yourself the time and effort, I'm doubtful of an untether in a month but you never know.

Perrinho

ClioSport Club Member
Or buy PKGBackup and save yourself the time and effort, I'm doubtful of an untether in a month but you never know.

Wasnt there an announcement last week to say they have found an exploit for untethered, and are working on it now?

Bus w**ker
Yeah but they've given no expected date or even any sort of details apart from it will be released once they have it working 100%. I'm expecting new year.

182 Cup
Afternoon folks

Quick question, iPad2 delivered yesterday, running very latest updates. Is there a jailbreak available? I've been out of the jailbreak system for a long time now. Any info you got would be mighty.

Thanks

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
I've updated my 3gs to the very latest firmware, i'm trying to jailbreak for the very first time and having no luck, is this why?

Perrinho

ClioSport Club Member
You can't roll back firmware, especially not once on 5.0+ You used to be able to on 3.0 but afaik since then with the new baseband you cannot roll them back.

Perrinho

ClioSport Club Member
It shouldnt be a problem anyway, pod2g has found an exploit to untethered JB all ios5 devices, just awaiting a release...should be soon...