ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Jailbreaking: A Guide... & Best Features.

Tesla MP3 2021
Sounds good. What can the ATV play once jailbroken - mkv files?

What NAS did you go for in the end, im looking at getting the WD 2TB My Book Live.

Sounds good. What can the ATV play once jailbroken - mkv files?

What NAS did you go for in the end, im looking at getting the WD 2TB My Book Live.

I've not ordered one yet, I'm looking at the Buffallo 2TB. Don't want to waste money until I know the JB/XBMC works.

Will just use my laptop as a NAS until I'm happy with it.

From what I've read, the XBMC will play most formats, including .mkv. If MKV does play, means we're sorted for 3D.

Tesla MP3 2021
Right ok, well yes that would be good. So you still using the SBS files, how you finding them?

I would so much prefer to have all my files in a NAS and play through either ATV2 or my Mede8er. Becomes abit of a pain buring full 3D iso files all the time!

Right ok, well yes that would be good. So you still using the SBS files, how you finding them?

I would so much prefer to have all my files in a NAS and play through either ATV2 or my Mede8er. Becomes abit of a pain buring full 3D iso files all the time!

I'm still using SBS.mkv, never even tried ISO. Works well for me.

BTW, if you are going to pay that much then I would definietly consider paying the extra £7 for the WD.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00499DMRQ/?tag=cliospnet01-21

The reason I'm looking at the Buffallo is due to the uTorrent server, means I can leave that downloading without the laptop on too.

What does the WD offer over it?

Tesla MP3 2021
Ah right ok, not sure if the WD has this feature but as I dont use BT then its a none issue for me.
To be honest, I cant say lol, I have also just preferred WD HDD and from what I have researched on the net, people seem to prefer the WD.

Tesla MP3 2021
Might need to re-visit the idea of playing SBS files via the ATV mate as according to the chaps on the XBMC forum it wont play the files.

Normal mkv's are fine though.

Tesla MP3 2021
Now someone is saying you can lol.

TBH, I think I might hold out for a Media Player that will play full 3D ISO files.

Might need to re-visit the idea of playing SBS files via the ATV mate as according to the chaps on the XBMC forum it wont play the files.

Normal mkv's are fine though.

Definitely plays sbs .mkv files, and the 3D works, just very choppy.

The JB worked on the ATV2, but I've run into loads of problems with XBMC (slow, movies buffering, crashes).

I'll try again tomorrow, otherwise I'll update to 4.3 and find another way to watch my content over the ATV (maybe a dedicated PC with iTunes? (cheaper alternative to a time capsule)). Shame, as the XBMC GUI is nice.

182 Turbo Project
Just found the crack for Mac App store apps! However, I can't find any other .dmg files :( anyone know of a repo for them?

Civic Em1, Civic Eg4
Right o nice one for them I'll take a look, gutted I updated now :(
But some apps needed 4.0 or more so had to a some point, gutted :/

Civic Em1, Civic Eg4
I dont know tbh! got everything on my mac to do it, done the bit where you have to hold down the power button for a few seconds then hold the power button and main button for a few more seconds and it went into recovery mode :S

Audi TT 3.2 V6
Ive updated and jailbroke as well.

First attempt no signal
Second iphone filesystem couldnt be read by itunes
Third time worked a charm and must say its running far better than 4.1 ever did on my phone

Audi TT 3.2 V6
did you keep holding the home button for the full 15 seconds even after the countdown on your mac/pc screen has changed? I found if i let go early or closed the program before the phone has completely finished and back on the iphone desktop then the jailbreak will crash

clio 1.2 mk2 phase 1
tried 4 times today for my 4g ipod touch and just cant get it to work , first time it froze on the little pic when its putting it on your ipod then just kept freezin on the waiting for reboot part :(

Bus w**ker
tried 4 times today for my 4g ipod touch and just cant get it to work , first time it froze on the little pic when its putting it on your ipod then just kept freezin on the waiting for reboot part :(

Vista by any chance? If so that's the same thing that happened to me, no problem on XP though. You've not installed 4.3.2 have you?

Go cry to your momma!
Run redsn0w in XP SP2 compatibility mode, I've had the same problem when using windows.

Rb182cup+s2 rallye
im gonna be honest im properly new to all this apple malarky ive just got a ip4 off a mate and its locked to vodaphone i take it jailbreaking it is the only way to unlock it to other networks?

Citroen DS3 DSport
I decided to JB my iPhone 4 tonight, not bothered with any JB since I had my 3G. Now I've done it I'm not sure if it's worth keeping or not, every app seems to cost cash and I'm not even sure I need them. SBSettings is the only useful thing I have installed.

Bus w**ker
The worthwhile JB apps, with the exception of SBSettings, do cost. But the cost is so insignificant it's not worth worrying about or if you're pikie you could always add some of the dodgy repos to Cydia.

For me I can't do without:
biteSMS
Infinifolders
LockInfo
- Weather Plugin
- Things Plugin
SBSettings
Five Icon Switcher
Five Icon Dock
NoSpot
Folder Closer
ShakeToUndo Killer

iFile is also useful, but that's just so I can make certain JB apps (biteSMS etc) appear as the default Apple ones.

330i, Alfa 147 & SP1
I decided to JB my iPhone 4 tonight, not bothered with any JB since I had my 3G. Now I've done it I'm not sure if it's worth keeping or not, every app seems to cost cash and I'm not even sure I need them. SBSettings is the only useful thing I have installed.

Only app I paid for and used whilst jb'd was the MyWifi app. Great if you have an iPad i guess and unlimited Internet from your ISP.