ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Jacking Under Wishbone

Clio 182 FF
Is it ok to jack up my clio using a trolley jack underneath the wishbone (where the 2 bolts are near the hub). I know it isn't ideal but I don't want to use the sill any more and am finding it hard to get the car up on stands (under the subframe) without having a second jacking point.

2003 Clio 172 Cup
Yeah won't hurt. Maybe better to get on the subframe as the wishbone can slip on the jack if you're not careful.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Jack it up on the sill with a block of wood to protect the sill, then put the axle stand under the bolts that bolt the back of the subframe to the chassis?

The front of my car has been sat like that for over a year. The back wheels haven't even got any bolts in them! lol

Clio 182 FF
Fair enough. I'm struggling to get a decent block of wood under the sill with my jack as I already have to drive the car onto some old brake discs to be able to get the Jack under it. Can somebody recommend a decent jack. Want one that has a low saddle so it can fit all the way under to get to the subframe jacking point easily.

330i. E30 Touring.
I always jack on the subframe bolt to chassis, or the chassis rails under the car if you can get a jack on it.

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
I am sorry but when you say chassis rails where do you mean?

An old pic, but it shows where the rail is

jack.jpg

172 cup RS2 - 330ci
Just bought the ultra low entry jack plus a car creeper.

Thanks for the link ThomasBretnall

Clio 182 FF
Car creeper, I want one of these just for how pervy it sounds. Iv heard you can't use them within 200meters of a school or between the hours of 8 and 5 haha