ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Jacking the 182 up please REAR/FRONT

2015 ST2(MO)/CorsaLE
hi all! my dad is letting me borrow his jack/axle stands as hes worried about all the time i spend under there LOL!

Anyway ive used the search tool :eek: and see that it seems to be safe to jack up on the plastic sill ?! :S near the little hole were i would use the sissor jack?! is this correct?! also im a little concerned as to were to put my axles stands - do i put them on rear beam?! Sure that will be ok?! :S

Pics would be helpful please folks! if you need a pic i have lots of underneath shots on my photobucket account which you can access via my details :)

thanks all! dont want to loose a leg/arm/head etc! :)

A ANIMAL
Yeah i have jacked it up on the sill as mentioned loads of times - i also place the axle stands there as well - but the rear bam should be fine

2015 ST2(MO)/CorsaLE
^^ thats not really sensible if you dont know whats what! (i mostly do) - thanks Rich i read Eddes guide he just said jack on the sill?! which i would have never thought of doing?! :S

106 GTi
There is a big thick chassis rail under the car that you can use the jack and axle stand it on it, just be careful not to damage the underseal.

2015 ST2(MO)/CorsaLE
this bit rich! this is the bit i was going to do it on?! :S

what about a bit of wood and use my trolley jack / axle stands that spreads over the gap of this part! :) ?????

Attachments

• DSCF0510.jpg
    DSCF0510.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 818
  Better than yours. C*nt.
what at the front of this beam?! im confused now! LOL

No, jack it up at the front of the car (front arm mounting point is my fave!) and if you get it high enough the whole side of the car comes up. Lol!

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Me being a c**t has bent one of my front jacking points grrr.

Weeman sucks ****
avoid the jacking points on the sills unless you're using the jack supplied with the car, they will bend. but they wont damage the sills.

you can use the subframe as shown here, personally i'd put the axle stand where the red arrow is. get some wood or think rubber and put the stand where the bolt is.

jackpoint.jpg

your pic of the rear is fine aswell but as said, you only need to do the front to get both wheels off the ground

2015 ST2(MO)/CorsaLE
avoid the jacking points on the sills unless you're using the jack supplied with the car, they will bend. but they wont damage the sills.

you can use the subframe as shown here, personally i'd put the axle stand where the red arrow is. get some wood or think rubber and put the stand where the bolt is.

jackpoint.jpg

your pic of the rear is fine aswell but as said, you only need to do the front to get both wheels off the ground

thanks! no pic :(

Weeman sucks ****
no to really thats fine but if the stand seat is an odd shape it could damage/scratch. but my renault mechanic mate always puts the stands on the bolts. one of the strongest points apparently and he knows his stuff pretty well.

plus he's normally doing an oil change so needs to go as far forward as possible so the car doesn't topple forward on 2 axle stands. just the right place for that.