ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

It always comes together at the same time

Recently, I've had a rubbing/grinding noise coming from the rear wheels, which turned out to be the NSR wheel bearing. As the bearing is part of the disc and as discs/pads are changed in pairs, I bought new discs/pads and bearings and had them fitted for a total of £170, which wasn't "too" bad.

I know my front discs/pads have also seen better days and they need changing and as I'm off to the 'Ring in August, they need to be done ASAP to bed them in before the trip. So I have just bought the Brembo HC discs, DS2500 pads and braided lines from K-Tec for around £260.

My car is also booked into Rentech on Monday for the big cambelt, accessory belt and service, which as you all know is a looong job and as I'll be over that way, K-Tec have kindly agreed to deliver the brakes to Rentech so I can have them fitted then... providing Mike/Dave have time. I'll be forking out approx. £750 on Monday so in the space of a few days... my poor credit card has or will accumulate an additional £1180 :( Better start working overtime!!!

KMB

Clio 200 Cup
Is the rear wheel bearing really part of the rear discs? I have never known the two to be replaced together (that's not to say it's wrong) :eek:

330i. E30 Touring.
Is the rear wheel bearing really part of the rear discs? I have never known the two to be replaced together (that's not to say it's wrong) :eek:

Yep.

You can buy 'em separately and get them pressed in, but OEM discs are only £100 from Renault...

Nimbus 197, Ph1 172
And you'd be hard pushed to get them out! I paid £100 for rear discs and pads inc . abs rings from GSF, so really not worth the hastle!

Yeh. I paid approx. £130 for a pair of rear discs, bearings, pads (inc. ABS rings). They also came in a nice gift box too. Haha!

But at least it'll all be done now and not something happen while I'm at the 'Ring.