ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Is this right ?

206,172 Cup,focus,X5
Wtf is going on here !

Locked the crank, not a problem, bottom pulley is where it should be , then popped the caps off to find the cams like this ????

3-2.jpg

If the timing was this far out surly i would of noticed this ??

Its funnt how threy are both the same as well

Ben

Last edited:

mikeh

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy
Re: Wtf is going on here !

I'd hazard a guess that the crank pulley slipped slightly (or perhaps the crank wasn't locked last time)

Either way, be sure to use a new crank bolt when refitting. Some people have even used the Megane keyed pulley, I think.

206,172 Cup,focus,X5

I'd hazard a guess that the crank pulley slipped slightly (or perhaps the crank wasn't locked last time)

Either way, be sure to use a new crank bolt when refitting. Some people have even used the Megane keyed pulley, I think.

yea defo gonna use a new crank bolt, what sort of clearance from valve to piston do these have, could the valves of hit the crown ?

mikeh

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy

I have no idea, but I would have thought you'd know about it if there had been contact.

Check compression - if its all good and you were happy with the power it was making before, just carry on :)

I'm no expert, though!

206,172 Cup,focus,X5
well after a bit of reading im finding out the crank pulley is fully floating ! , when I loosened of the bolt it didn't seem tight at all but autodata says 40nm + 110deg