ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Is this reasonable for a 182?

Clio 197
Hi all,

Me and my girlfriend currently have a Admiral Multi Car policy and insure a 1998 Corsa 1.2 and a 2005 206 1.6 Sport.

My girlfriend is 21 and I am 24 - she has 1 year NCB and I have 4 years.

Because it's a Multi Car policy we can also drive each others car (which is a pretty cool bonus).

We pay £93 a month for this which insures both cars full comp.

Tonight I rang Admiral to ask how much it would cost extra to replace the 206 for a 182 and the payments would go to £127 a month. I don't feel this is bad because of the benefits we get with driving each others cars etc.

What do you think?

Thanks
James

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
It breaks the price down for both cars does it not? Anyhoo, that's £1500 a year, and I'll bet most of that is for the Clio (about £1000 maybe?). For me personally, no it's not worth it. Way over what I'd pay for insurance, on any car.

Clio 197
I didnt feel it was too bad to be honest especially because its insuring my girlfriend on the car as well. I have seen some quote on here of £1,500 for just the 182 so £1,500 for two cars I thought was alright.

Any other opinions?

James

James,

Only you can decide if you have enough income to support that price hike. If you feel you need the 182 over the 206, go for it.

Re other people's prices, there is no point asking really fella, as it differs from person to person. Even people living at the same postcode, address, car etc will have different quotes.

So, shop around. See if you can haggle with Admiral and take it from there.