ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Is this oil filter faulty?

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
Looks like it has some sort of glue (i imagine used to hold part of it togeter) coming out the top of it.

B3F43293-4C5E-4026-A6B7-B0546F59D3EC-1583-00000163F2F0674C_zps009b669a.jpg
m

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
Yes genuine, from the guy you always recommend. Just hadn't seen that stuff inside them before.Cheers

SQ5
Why wouldn't you fit genuine for the sake of a couple of quid.

Renaults have never liked non genuine oil filters.

Is this another one of those "if your car doesn't have turinis and silvervisions it's s**t" comments? What about Bosch filters?

Well Renault doesn't make oil filters, they buy them from a filter manufacturer. I sell WIX filters and sell hundreds for clios, never had any come back yet. Bosch will be as good as any other brand. They are all made to meet or exceed OE specification and most brands have block exemption which means that it would not affect the warranty on a newer car. That's good enough for me to save a couple of quid.

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
Is this another one of those "if your car doesn't have turinis and silvervisions it's s**t" comments? What about Bosch filters?

Nothing wrong with a lot of filters, just that genuine are so well priced anything else is pointless

Lionel Richie
Well Renault doesn't make oil filters, they buy them from a filter manufacturer. I sell WIX filters and sell hundreds for clios, never had any come back yet. Bosch will be as good as any other brand. They are all made to meet or exceed OE specification and most brands have block exemption which means that it would not affect the warranty on a newer car. That's good enough for me to save a couple of quid.

OE is made by Purflux, we've had 2 dead top ends in the workshop due to knackered oil filters (valve inside broke off) plus by using genuine we're covered by 12months warranty, try getting a new engine out of WIX because of a failed filter - no chance! Its actually cheaper (trade) to buy genuine than aftermarket!