ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Is this normal?

I bought my clio 172 cup as a bit of winter project to get ready for some trackdays next year.

There are several jobs that need doing, rear brakes, ball joints etc but nothing major.

However, it seems to be sitting a little low on the back/high on front. Does this look normal? its parked on level ground and is completely empty

Cheers

IMG_1597.jpg

FiestaST(ex 172 Cup)
Yep normal but you are right, they do look strange. The front suspension has a surprising amount of travel. This is mine.

DSC_0255.jpg

the ground just about level... the pic does make it look like it has more gradient than it does.

It has loads of service history, invoices for all sorts of silly little things but nothing about springs...

could they be non cup springs or are they the same?

It does feel a bit wobbly about 60-70mph when accelerating hard but I put this down to ball joints/track rod ends.

MSTRBKR - thanks for the pic, it does look similar but yours looks a little bit more balanced

RB 182 FF
Whatever the case may be Id certainly be getting that stance right as it looks jacked up!!!lol. Im sure you'll sort it too right...:eek: lol. I always knew the fronts were high, my mates was but it didn't look as high as urs Klem!

Yeh, its lol high at the min isn't it?

Are regular 172 springs different to the cup?

what else could be causing this?

FiestaST(ex 172 Cup)
MSTRBKR - thanks for the pic, it does look similar but yours looks a little bit more balanced

I think it's fairly similar, you just can't see the outside of my front tyre. Here's another couple.

Untitled-1.jpg

Untitled-2.jpg

RB 182 FF
I believe the 172/182 and cup models have the same spring fitment, most popular choice seems to be the Eibach Sportline springs which lower 30mm and are around £150 mark. The 30mm drop doesn't look enough for my liking but the Sportlines are by far the best springs for driving comfort and performance apparently!

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
That doesn't look right to me? Thought the clios had bit of a nose down stance? Looks like its had non cup/sport springs fitted to the front at some point?

marc1330

ClioSport Club Member
  Hill lover
Nothing to worry bout they all ride high on standard set-up it's just 9/10 cups have had suspension/spring mods of some sort

Cheers for the input.

think I will leave it for now. Ive got a full suspension refresh planned so will sort it out with some sportlines eventually.

172 Ph2 + Gashtravan
Yea thats how my front looked on mine before coilovers, although the rear of yours looks a tad lower id say, which is why the front would look so high

E30 325i & 172 Cup
My 172 cup looked exactly the same with standard springs. Ive compared them with normal 172 springs and they are shorterIMG_2116.jpg and have less coils. I have replaced them with sportlines and the back is still the same height, but the front is lower and the car is a lot more comfortable to drive, but still handles spot on.