ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Is this normal? CPU question

I've had my system a while now and im very happy with it.

One thing ive never got to the bottom of though is the speed of my CPU.

I've got an AMD Phenom X4 9950 Black Edition, which should be running at 2.6Ghz standard. When looking at CPU-Z however, i get given this:

Untitled-1.jpg

And thats the same through all 4 cores.

If i try use AMD's Overdrive OC utility it also shows each core running at 1.3, with the multiplier at 6.5. If i try change it, all cores will revert back to 1.3 and the 6.5 mutliplier in a matter of seconds.

Is this possibly my mobo holding things back?

Cheers
Tom

Scirocco GT 210
Power saving function probably (kicks in when the CPU isn't under any load). Try running a CPU intensive program in the background (like Prime95) and see if it changes.

thank you guys, your quite right.

Now that is established then, how do i go about turning the clock up a little bit if it just reverts back to the basic power saving numbers whenever i try tweak things?

Better than yours. C*nt.
That CPU speed should be ample for just about everything TBH... Systems are limited by the disks and graphics more than anything.