ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Is this cabling correct? Macbook/tv/speakers/xbox/music.

Macbook to tv - Mini DVI (video only) to hdmi cable.

xbox to tv - hdmi obvs.

instruments to macbook - Through POD UX2 to macbook using usb cable. Going to ableton live 8.

decks to macbook - using torq connectiv so using usb.

decks to audio - stereo cables.

Right heres where im confused:

do i go

tv to speakers - stereo out to stereo in to play tv and xbox through speakers

macbook to speakers - optical/headphone out to stereo cable to play all computer programmes, music and ableton.

This is the way iv drawn it but is there a way to avoid having to constantly swap all the audio out cables (macbook, tv and decks). I was thinking of a 4-output mixer before the speakers, so would go 3xoutputs -> mixer ->speaker in.

Thinking about the optical/headphone-out for the macbook, is this going to be a good quality output as i want the quality to be decent for recording. I heard something about using the firewire output but dont know what that involves.

any input would be grand.

Cheers

Eurospark.Dot

eqqjyh.jpg

Last edited:

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Is that a keyboard?

Will you be playing The Pheonix Nights night club anytiime soon?

2014 Focus Titanium
In terms of audio from your MB, you're best going with the Optical as this can carry higher quality audio that the 3.5mm Jack.

In terms of audio from your MB, you're best going with the Optical as this can carry higher quality audio that the 3.5mm Jack.

On the MacBook booklet it says, optical in on the left. And optical/3.5mm jack on the right, so optical and headphone is the same output, is it just the cable that's different.

2014 Focus Titanium
I see. I don't have a MB so didn't know that! Well as far as audio quality goes that should be just fine.

SchwepTek™
Yeh just the cable. Both input and output on macbook can be used as optical depending on age of macbook.

What speakers are you talking? Active speakers?

Yeh just the cable. Both input and output on macbook can be used as optical depending on age of macbook.

What speakers are you talking? Active speakers?

Yeah active speakers and a sub, hoping to upgrade at some point as they aren't the best, but work well for the time being.