ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Is this any good? [pressure washer content]

I hate cleaning cars so I've decided to get a pressure washer to speed the process up a little. Is this one any good in the pressure washer world?

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_10001_catalogId_10151_productId_759379_langId_-1_categoryId_165689

All I want is for it to be good at blasting s**t off and mostly for my wheels, which are absolute f*****s to clean. I'll probably still go over with a bucket and mit afterwards, but just fancy a washer for cleaning dead bugs, horse s**t, and vlolcanic ash off the car before getting my hands wet.

So anyway, is that one any good? Not too worried about the price but would like to spend less than £200 including any other items that might be needed.

Danke schon.

Barge
Mines similar doesn't have that brush though and if you get it don't use it on the FRShed!

People say the series 2 ones break and you can't get to the motor so the whole thing is goosed, but I've got a 2 one and it's still fine. I think I you use it on a very regular basis it might f**k up but you've got a years warranty anyway. So IMO it'll bureet. It's 7.02... Think that makes sense. Oh QVC do deals on Karcher packs too, but be cheaper that h
Halolfrauds.

Last edited:
I won't be using any brushes on the main panlols. I'm no detailing geek but I'm not intentionaloly going to swirlols it up for the lols. Mainly want it for cleaning my rims, and blasting off nuclear fallout and lolcanic ash before a quick once-over with my Waitrose wash mitt.

Barge
It'lol be fine for that then. Apparently the motlolrs fail on those series 2'ers, but mines still fine after almost a year and I use it everytime I was the car.

You'll want a snowfoam lance next. ;)

Tesco usually have Karcher's at a good price too. That's where mother dearest got mine. Positive I saw one for £99 in there t'other day.

EDIT: http://direct.tesco.com/q/R.207-6108.aspx

Last edited:
I'm just going to buy that one from Halfords today I think.

LOL at snow foam. Hell will freeze over before I even consider considering considering considering the outside possibility of considering the possibility of considering using that stuff. That's car washing for homos.

Blast, wash, rinse, drive. End.

Clio 182
I'm just going to buy that one from Halfords today I think.

LOL at snow foam. Hell will freeze over before I even consider considering considering considering the outside possibility of considering the possibility of considering using that stuff. That's car washing for homos.

Blast, wash, rinse, drive. End.

+1!

I got the one in the original link in the end. Pretty pauperish but does the job TBH. Car buffed up ok. I forgot to measure the paint thickness though :(

Barge
LOL at it's pauperish. What did you expect for a £150 quid Karcher. TBH, you were robbed. Shudda gone to Tesco.

Last time I went to Tesco I felt ill, mixing with the plebians.

Full of fat, smelly, loud mothers and their equally repulsive offspring. I had three showers when I got home and my skin was still crawling the next day. Waitrose or Sainsburys FTW.

_WILL_

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup
I think you can get the same for much cheaper, think you are paying a lot for all the brushes and stuff that you don't need that comes with it. I got the K2.36, which is almost identical, little more pressure I think 110 bar compared to 100 bar. But it only came it a spare lance end, no other stuff that I don't need. Total cos £50. It was on offer tho, so not sure what full price is, think like £90 ish.

If I was starving to death outside Tesco with ten pounds in my pocket, I'd spend £9.99 on a taxi to Sainsbury's and buy a penny chew.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
There are a new set of iranians next to work now and for £10 they wash the wheels front and back, wash the car, chamois, wash all door shuts, inside and outside of glass, vacuum all inside, wipe down all interior plastics and dress the tyres.

Not worth getting the hosepipe out tbh.

Paddy_g46

ClioSport Club Member
There are a new set of iranians next to work now and for £10 they wash the wheels front and back, wash the car, chamois, wash all door shuts, inside and outside of glass, vacuum all inside, wipe down all interior plastics and dress the tyres.

Not worth getting the hosepipe out tbh.

Do you get a group buy discount from them? lol

LOL and have someone drive along towing you underneath on a skateboard? How do you clean the top, or around the brake callipers? Brush is no good as you just end up with clean bits and dirty bits. No? Yes?

No need to get all animated in the face of reason. This is why I asked how these nice Iranian car cleaning chaps wash both sides of the wheel.

Barge
I aren't sure Daniel-San meant front and back of each wheel... I think he meant front two wheels and the back two wheels. Why he didn't just say the wheels... I've no idea.

Oh no. I have actually been looking at detailing products on that site you linked to. Is there anything I can do or is it too late? I fear I might end up buying a pack of Unicorn ivory coated tooth picks for cleaning the threads in the tyre valve dust caps.

Barge
7.5% Cliosport discount too! ;)

I don't think there's harm in looking dude. I don't think you're quite at the stages of Unicorn seman quick detailer just yet.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
I have that exact one. Albeit, the older model.

I think it's the Karcher 3G. That's the 3GS.

It washes well, very high pressure for it's size. I paid more than that too.

Buy.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
It's a bottle of liquid in spray form, that allows you to remove minor grime/dust without the need to a full wash. I use it as lube when claying, too.

Quik Detailer, Last Touch etc

DSC05443.jpg

Anyway, back on topic - the Karcher K2.36M (this; without the patio cleaner though I think) is currently £65 at Morrisons, while stocks last.

I'm tempted to get one later...