ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Is this a normal drop in next years insurance?

Status
Not open for further replies.
  PB Clio 172
Just had my quote and as much as I hate Flux they have given me their quote

£15 cheaper than last year. Nothing has changed with me since last year. Should I take that quote?

Just asking as I know insurance has gone up on 1*2's of late so is this a good quote or shall I try and get cheaper. Sky is around £15 more than this so not much difference. Just wondered how much people on here's insurance has dropped if anything on their RS's within a year ??

I struggled to get my insurance any cheaper than last year, despite having an extra years NCD and only having to declare 3 points and not 6.

Managed to get Sky to price match HIC so renewed with them at last years price.

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
Try Brentacre, that's who i'm with.

Every year I shop around between Sky/Flux/Brentacre and a couple of others, at renewal time I play them all off against each other,
normally they'll all try and beat my renewal and I go with the cheapest (all mods declared).

PB Clio 172
tried Brentace were no where near what I am paying now, seems only sky and flux get what I am after.

Cheers guys good to hear some of you didnt see it go down much either then.....

I will try sky again but I get too drive any car third party with Flux with is great ! :p

No i have not been naughty as said its the same as last year! read the first post!

MR2 Mk1.5
Try Brentacre, that's who i'm with.

Every year I shop around between Sky/Flux/Brentacre and a couple of others, at renewal time I play them all off against each other,
normally they'll all try and beat my renewal and I go with the cheapest (all mods declared).

You've very helpful ;)

Matt Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon Cupra
Are you over 25? If so give Livingstone Warman a try. Knocked £500+ off my insurance.

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
Are you over 25? If so give Livingstone Warman a try. Knocked £500+ off my insurance.

Cheers for that mate, never heard of them before, i'm going to give them a ring when mines due,
just been looking on their website, modified car insurers and 25% off if you're a forum/club member. :approve:

PB Clio 172
Thanks for the info on Livingstone got a good quote from them but the winners here are Sky

Sky- £582-TP,F&T
Flux- £735 -TP,F&T
Livingston- £650- Fully Comp

Proves if you shop around you can get a really good price, I didnt expect a drop like that so am really happy with this. I can now leave Flux which I am more than happy too do ! and I don't want another price from Flux either even if they did beat it, the customer service is rubbish.

WR1 impreza

Ive just had a quote from Livingstone Warman myself and they have beaten my Brentache renewal by £50 with a lower excess. Also got extra off for limiting my miles and meantioning i was a member of Cliosport . Brentache have asked me to email them the quote to see it they can beat it so fingers crossed

MR2 Mk1.5
Ive just had a quote from Livingstone Warman myself and they have beaten my Brentache renewal by £50 with a lower excess. Also got extra off for limiting my miles and meantioning i was a member of Cliosport . Brentache have asked me to email them the quote to see it they can beat it so fingers crossed

Silly sausages, they both use the same underwriter.

PB Clio 172
Until you have a claim and end up walking to work :S

I'd go FC for the sake of ~£70.

I couldnt go with Livingston in the end they use the same underwriter as the company I am with now. Sounds silly but I am not allowed too use the same underwriter again through Livingston.

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
NEVER the renewel figure you will ALWAYS get it cheaper than the first figure even if you stay at same company, Play em off its all good fun :D

MR2 Mk1.5
NEVER the renewel figure you will ALWAYS get it cheaper than the first figure even if you stay at same company, Play em off its all good fun :D

Not everytime..

We get people moaning about renewal prices all the time, I've myself dealt with a fair few people who rant and rave about their price, swear down the phone, state they will never ever insure with you only to shop around and find their price IS competitive.

Our renewal retention rate is currently 69% which is fantastic by industry standards, not meaning to sound boastful.

Ph 1 172
go to say my renewal rate is always crazy high the company im with (not mentioning any names) always add about £150 on my policy even though the only difference is 1 more years NCB. every year they then price match brentacre by less than £200 got them down from £769 to £500 this year. id always try other companies

PB Clio 172
Update

just got my Insurance sorted with Sky

Fantastic service at a great price and miles better than Flux!

Thanks again Sam at Sky insurance ! :approve:

work for BMW
Don't go with that figure , phone them up and tell them another company has quoted you cheaper and they will lower their quote in turn

Not everytime..

We get people moaning about renewal prices all the time, I've myself dealt with a fair few people who rant and rave about their price, swear down the phone, state they will never ever insure with you only to shop around and find their price IS competitive.

Our renewal retention rate is currently 69% which is fantastic by industry standards, not meaning to sound boastful.

It sounds like you're one of the few companies who don't take the piss with renewals :)

PB Clio 172
yeah they have lost a customer- end of !

Sky= Poor prices, poor customer service. One off charges- Pay this or else....

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
yeah they have lost a customer- end of !

Sky= Poor prices, poor customer service. One off charges- Pay this or else....

Your thread the other day slating Sky actually did the opposite for me, I'll be giving them a call at renewal. They seem very professional IMO.

You had a bad experience with a company due to a fcuk up that you made. Get over it.

Mondial 172Cup (A/C)
I'm in Exeter and I do mine through NFU Mutual. Easily £200 cheaper than the next best with my standard cup and clean licence, and trust me, I've spent hours looking for cheap insurance!

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
Your thread the other day slating Sky actually did the opposite for me, I'll be giving them a call at renewal. They seem very professional IMO.

You had a bad experience with a company due to a fcuk up that you made. Get over it.

Been with them 3 years running now, I got a renewal I was not happy with this year, got a few prices from other companies so Sky beat the cheapest one for me, took me around half hour.

PB Clio 172

thank you for letting me know who you will be ringing, cheers !

MR2 Mk1.5
just to annoy you like you did me

how does no sound !

Things change don't they, like you the other day 'lock the thread please' ahhh bless!

Hi,

the thing is, it's not annoying me, you grow a thick skin quickly in this industry. On a personal note, I couldn't give a monkeys, on a professional note, I'd just like the opportunity to let Cliosport.net members know exactly what happened.

Link to thread in question here:

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/show...company-about-points-that-are-no-longer-valid

Having the thread temporarily locked so I could investigate was a fair request at the time.

We'll never get anywhere with this as you will not allow our say on the matter, I just hope that when members see you trying to tarnish the reputation of a trader (not just us) that they take your version of events with a large pinch of salt.

Kind regards

Ollie
Sky Insurance

Status
Not open for further replies.