ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Is this a good ground?

SQ5
Just use the one behind the light where it mounts as standard? Just clean it up a bit with some sandpaper

Hmmm the standard one behind the light doesn't look that good, rather small and hard to sand down properly. I would rather use that area as i can sand it down until i can see my face in it lol.

SQ5
Really?

So the other 50,000 clios on the road don't run because they use that earth there?

It's bare metal already FFS, it's the original earth!

So you want to sand down the slam panel to use as an earth? It will soon go rusty and look shite.

Just use the standard earth behind the headlight, wont need sanding because its already bare.

Because im going to be running a 2600w rms system and i want to make sure my ground is as good as it can be. Obviously the standard ground was not intended for that much current and made to look tidy.

I are confused.

Theres a perfectly suitable earth on the rear panel, the earth for the rear lights. No need to run an earth all the way back to that earth point. This is the reason the body is earthed!

182, 6r GTi
doubt it would be safe using an earth that long plus, why ask for peoples help/opinion if your going to ignore it anyway :banghead: