ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Is power ok from mods done

Workmate has 172 got cat back exhaust from ascar viper induction kit and superchip RR at 188hp at fly and 162lb/ft torque. Wondering is this normal power increase from mods? What Has everyone else got with similar mods and what does he need to do to reach 200hp. cheers

How much are you talking for headwork and or cams??

I know Gdi does this work but my mate would like a rough estimate if poss.

cheers.

you need head, cams + ecu to get to 200-210 bhp for £1500-2000 of which £500 for the ECU.

You can equally spend £4-5k to get to 220bhp the throttle body route

Clart

ClioSport Club Member

i think that people would rather spend abit more dollar than some dodgy DIY job

19 16V

What and you think that Hillpower and Ktec are anybetter? You lot dont turn your nose up at BenRs headwork do you? thats DIY isnt it? Hmmmmmmmmmm

19 16V

Thats my point, dont buy an overpriced kit from silly people, get someone who knows what they are doing to do it for you. And save money at the same time. Itll be no worse than what the tuning companies produce.

Lionel Richie

Quote: Originally posted by Soneji on 24 May 2004

£4-5k on throttle bodies? You lot really do just pull figures out your arses dont you? lmfao, hang on let me guess... some KTC or Hillpower kit I presume?

http://www.retro-renault.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=404http://www.retro-renault.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=404

http://www.retro-renault.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=122http://www.retro-renault.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=122

you obviously have never TBed a 172 mate!!!! in real terms its gonna be about £3500 to do the TBs on a 172, Roamer had to have the inlet manifold custom cast by jenvey, which cost a lot of ££££

plus ECU is about £700ish plus another £500ish setup, plus having a timing pattern custom cut into the bottom pully etc etc etc it took a good 6months to develop the entire setup on Roamers 172!! the result?? 212bhp

Roamer paid all the development costs, thats why it cost £4K+

Wow that should be quick what lump ya putting in it. Is it gonna be cheaper for you to d.i.y then? Do you have to start changing gearbox/injectors etc.......

Lionel Richie

yep gearbox (prob gonna be off a diesel van!!) The lump im using is a F4R turbo engine (looks the same as a 172 engine but isnt)

gonna need bigger injectors plus some other stuff, budget is about £2500-£3000 should be good for well over 200bhp

Quote: Originally posted by Soneji on 24 May 2004

What and you think that Hillpower and Ktec are anybetter? You lot dont turn your nose up at BenRs headwork do you? thats DIY isnt it? Hmmmmmmmmmm
Is it?

Is DIY my own company?

Is DIY 8000 pounds worth of computerised flowbench?

Is DIY over 800 quid in carbide cutting tools alone?

Is DIY and assortment of ex Arrows F1 grinding tools?

Is DIY a mix of both air and electric grinders totalling over 2000 pounds?

Im sorry Soneji, but DIY is what you play with.

GDI Demo 182, Rsi Spider

and thats a wrap people....

I can assure you that Bens work is not DIY....

otherwise I would not even entertain the idea of having him move to GDI HQ....

we are aiming at being the best in the business and having Ben move his opperation to us, is a long way to achieving that aim...

along with access to excellent engineering facilities which include

Rolling road

2 x engine dyno rooms

extensive machine shop

(now fully equiped gasflow workshop)

Engine mapping facilities (Cams, ECU, design and building)

we also have a goal, to provide friendly customer service and attention to detail...

Andy

GDI

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup

and thats why ill be coming to see u for a 200bhp conversion for my cup just as soon as i have the cash.

19 16V

What and when you were born Ben R did you pop out your mothers neither region with carbine cutters and dremel in hand? No. Thats my point.

I am not doubting that you are very very good at what you do, but everything you have learned has stemmed from doing things yourself I presume.

Has somebody here thought to put the Megane 225 engine in his Clio ?

The base is the same, a "F" base.

I know there is a lot of work to do, basically, youll have to double the engine probes in order to use a writable ECU, which will allow you to keep the dashboard instruments.

I think mods shall be done to fit the Nissan VDO gearbox, reinforce the transmissions and so on, but 300BHP is possible. (y)

Whos mad enough to try ? :devilish:

[Edited by deuginthesky on 5/29/2004 4:31:52 PM]

Quote: Originally posted by Soneji on 29 May 2004

What and when you were born Ben R did you pop out your mothers neither region with carbine cutters and dremel in hand? No. Thats my point.

I am not doubting that you are very very good at what you do, but everything you have learned has stemmed from doing things yourself I presume.

heres 10p now f**k off and buy yourself a clue muppet boy

BMW 320d Sport

LOL well to lighten the tone just a little...it is entirely possible that Ben WAS born as you suggest, and in fact his first bedtime story was a Haynes manual.

GDI Demo 182, Rsi Spider

I feel that line of attack is

a: incorrect

b: totally unnecessary

how exactly does anyone learn anyhow....... mind meld!!!!

my point exactly. Ben has a wealth of knowledge and skill some tuners dont pick up in 25 years in the trade and are self proclaimed experts.

Lionel Richie

Quote: Originally posted by deuginthesky on 29 May 2004

Has somebody here thought to put the Megane 225 engine in his Clio ?

The base is the same, a "F" base.

I know there is a lot of work to do, basically, youll have to double the engine probes in order to use a writable ECU, which will allow you to keep the dashboard instruments.

I think mods shall be done to fit the Nissan VDO gearbox, reinforce the transmissions and so on, but 300BHP is possible.

Whos mad enough to try ?

[Edited by deuginthesky on 5/29/2004 4:31:52 PM]
I AM!!!!

I have 2 engines at the moment, 1 will be going in shortly (just need to get a gearbox thatll fit!!!)

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

Quote: Originally posted by deuginthesky on 29 May 2004

Sorry, I meant NDO gearbox :oops:
some renault models use the ndo box now so adapting it for a conversion might not be to difficult.

Quote: Originally posted by Fred2001Dynamic on 30 May 2004
I AM!!!!I have 2 engines at the moment, 1 will be going in shortly (just need to get a gearbox thatll fit!!!)

Do you already have a F4RT 225hp ready to be fitted in the engine bay ?

Would you mind to tell me what price did you pay for it ? (engine + accessories like starter, alternator, turbo...)

Try to find the NDO gearbox of the Megane RS.

how much power from sports cat + ecu on the 182 is it about 190? surley thats a geniune 6.5 to 60mph time if not faster.

also a turbo is the way to go (LSD included of course). Ive only ever been in two performance turbo petrol cars. One was the MeganeRS which was alright to 60 (sounded crappy IMO.. exhaust sound was ok though) but the midrange would stomp on my 172, it went from 30-70 very quickly without fuss and to !00 mph quicker still. The other car was an EVO 6 with 10ks worth of mods with no rev limiter and 350+ BHP !! turbo cars are definalty the way to go.. how else could you squeeze 250+ bhp from a 2.0 16V apart from NOS.

Cant wait for You two to team up Andy.. and i can dream that you mite develop your own fully tested and reliable turbo kit for both 182 + 172 and what ever else come along.. hopefully it will be cheaper somehow than 6K for the Ktec and it will iam sure be just as good..

(p.s the DIY comment was lame.. anyone who is that commited to modifying deserves a bit of respect IMO)

[Edited by cliotuRS on 30 May 2004 at 5:13pm]

GDI Demo 182, Rsi Spider

Thanks RS, appreciate it.

you can get 250bhp from NA, although on the F7R etc it would be pushing it.

the Vaxhaull engine is easily capable of that (cant remember the engine number)

they can sometimes make 280 bhp... from NA and no NOS

Andy

GDI

A friend has got a 230HP F7R on his Willi, A-Group engine specs except the 4 intake butterflys (not good for long time reliability).

Nothing under 5 000 RPM, but max rev of 9 000 RPM.

Ive softly driven it last year, up to 5 500 RPM, not more because he never uses his car which only has 34K miles. The sound was already very loud at "only" 5 000 RPM.

GDI Demo 182, Rsi Spider

oh its quite possible with the right mapping and c/r and head work cams etc etc...

all propper engineering..

Lionel Richie

Quote: Originally posted by deuginthesky on 30 May 2004

Quote: Originally posted by Fred2001Dynamic on 30 May 2004

I AM!!!!

I have 2 engines at the moment, 1 will be going in shortly (just need to get a gearbox thatll fit!!!)

Do you already have a F4RT 225hp ready to be fitted in the engine bay ?

Would you mind to tell me what price did you pay for it ? (engine + accessories like starter, alternator, turbo...)

Try to find the NDO gearbox of the Megane RS.
I have 2 engine F4R763 and F4R760 (i think) not proper RS F4R 774 engines, but the blocks and heads are identical (all new engines)

I have a 3rd engine in bits

How much did i pay??? less than £600