ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Is a scorpion cat back non-resonated to loud for tack days?

Clio 182
I'm going to a Sprint course at the end of this month and I believe that the noise limit is 104db. I don't know exactly how loud my scorpion cat back non-resonated exhaust is on my 182. I was just wondering whether anyone has any idea On wether I'll meet the requirement or have to get it toned down a bit

Any information is greatly appreciated, Cheers

Swift Sport
What course is it? I can't answer your question but I'm pretty sure there's a decibel meter app available so you could find out for yourself.

Clio 182
I've got the app so I'll try it either today or tomorrow, but I can't see it being that accurate

Curborough sprint course

Swift Sport
Usually around 4k revs or 3/4 throttle.

Curborough is my local, I'd be surprised if they even check tbh.

Clio 182
Just checked it and it said 90db, and I'm very confident that it's louder than that but I'll take your guys words for it. Cheers lads

Swift Sport
Who's running the event, or is it someone who's hired it out? Pretty sure they won't check anyway mate.

Swift Sport
I've been going there since 2008 and only been sound-checked maybe... Twice?? I think you'd be unlucky to be tested at all mate.

clio 172 phase 2
I have a db meter if your near gloucestershire.
and the phone apps are junk. As i compared several to my meter and they were miles off.
my car read 96db on my meter and read 92 at castle combe