ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Is a jack included?

2010 Clio RS200 Grey
Hi all

Not having a great time with my recently purchased 200. About 2 weeks after picking it up (Renault Main dealer and Renaultsport 'Centre') I noticed theres no jack in the boot, so I informed the dealer immediately and they said they'd get back to me.

Didn't hear anything back so prompted them and now they're saying 'they don't come with one, as they don't come with a spare wheel. So the changing kit isn't put in.'

I need to know, do they?

Also extremely suspicious its had the centre silencer removed or a decat or both - there's far too much popping, crackling and banging through that exhaust, and its loud at all speeds. I did ask if this was standard at the time and the salesman said 'yea, theyre all like that' - I'll be confirming whats fitted this weekend.

Thing is, if the exhaust isn't standard, there was nothing in writing to say it wasn't modified, so I don't think I have much comeback with this. Combined with the fact they fitted 4 new LANDSAIL tyres prior to purchase (I knew about these and i'm changing asap, but I thought this was the only issue), it doesn't paint a good picture for an official Renaultsport Agent and I wouldn't want them to lay a finger on the car to put the exhaust right.

The car's grey, from the Worcester area with the reg 'VU60...' if anyone knows anything about its past.

Ps. does anyone have an exhaust centre section lying around?

Suzuki Jimny
No jack provided, just the tyre foam stuff.

PMSL at landsail tyres. Get some decent ones on there ASAP!

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
No jack provided, just the tyre foam stuff.

PMSL at landsail tyres. Get some decent ones on there ASAP!

I got two tins of tyre spunk & a jack with mine. Not that it's much use without a spare.

P.S. If the centre silencer has been removed it'll be pretty obvious looking underneath.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Many didn't come with jacks, my 197 didn't either

pic of underside? We'll be able to tell if it's had the silencer removed.

Also, if it has just had the silencer removed, keep it like that. Sounds ace :D

2010 Clio RS200 Grey
P.S. If the centre silencer has been removed it'll be pretty obvious looking underneath.

I know, just haven't had a chance to have a proper look- living in a top floor flat and very busy with work/life, not to mention the constant rain.

And yea, the Landsails - Grips pretty well with them! Although I'm aware it could be better. Thinking of some Goodyear Eagle F1's soon

And no, if the silencers been removed, i'll be looking to get it back in asap. Yes it sounds like a rally car, but it's no v8.

Clio 197 F1
My R27 has 2 cans of tyre gunk and a jack, not that I even checked when buying it tbh. Can't these be picked up on Ebay/from a scrappy?
Exhaust I would be slightly more concerned about as it's classified as an exhaust modification for Insurance purposes, If advertised as standard then they've misled you.

S4 Avant
You must be new to French hatchback ownership.

In 3,000 miles third gear will start crunching and you'll need a new gearbox. The exhaust manifold will crack at some point, and the paint will fall off.

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
I know, just haven't had a chance to have a proper look- living in a top floor flat and very busy with work/life, not to mention the constant rain.

And yea, the Landsails - Grips pretty well with them! Although I'm aware it could be better. Thinking of some Goodyear Eagle F1's soon

And no, if the silencers been removed, i'll be looking to get it back in asap. Yes it sounds like a rally car, but it's no v8.

Good luck welding one back in unless you can find one that's been cut out with sleeves attached to the silencer.

Some have tried, I'm sure you could get it on, but not sure on how good of a job it'd be.

Golf 7.5R & Clio 200
My 200 did not have a jack.

This is. Picture of mine for reference. The shiny pipe is the de-cat.
uqy6yner.jpg

You can also see its a very straight pipe, the silencer is the big box thats missing.

umetusyp.jpg

If you have a couple of boxes and not a long straight pipe like that, its standard

172 Turbo
I got two tins of tyre spunk & a jack with mine. Not that it's much use without a spare.

You're meant to jack up before filling with the filler.

2010 Clio RS200 Grey
Checked today, looks like it has a pipe instead of the centre section. Pretty pissed off tbh, as the Renault dealer told me it was standard. At least the cats there, which is something. I know it's a popular mod, but I want the middle box! I'd like that back pressure and refinement back. Engineers Spend far too long getting these things right.

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Personally I think the OEM exhaust with no centre silencer is the best sounding Clio RS setup there is, and it certainly isn't that loud. I understand you don't like it though.

As for the back pressure, the centre silencer doesn't affect it hugely, and you definitely don't loose power by not having one.

Carbonraider

ClioSport Club Member
  Raider, 172, the van
Had my 200 from new and I have no jack :( my paint is also falling off and I'm about to have my 2nd manifold. Good news is 30000miles and still no crunch. (Touching wood as I say that)

RB 200
No jack with mine, thought the dealer (non-renault) had nicked it! Also came with crap rubber on it which were quickly swapped for some contisport contact 5's.

Monaco172, R27 197
Join the AA they have jacks in their vans and you keep your hands clean. Tyre gunk is s**t and tyre useless after it put in,most places will not repair after use.