ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Is a 172 suspension top mount same as 1.2 and other models?

2002 Clio 172
Had the 172 in the garage for tracking today as its pulling left. The tracking was fine, and didnt need doing, however the bloke doing it reckons the nearside top mount is had it. Looking at it with the wheels in the air, it had a LOT more movement than the offside, so I am inclined to agree with him that its shot. The ball joint and lower bushes all seem ok, so I figure the top mount is a good place to start.

Being skint / tight, I need to get this replaced asap, so was going to order a top mount off ebay or GSF / Eurocarparts. Some say its the same mount whter a 1.2 or 172, others only list mounts to fit 172s. Can anyone confirm if it is the same part, as prices on ebay are hugely different between sellers depending on if it will fit

Would this fit a 52 reg ph2 172?: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RENAULT-C...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item2c66ff591d

I'm not 100%, but quite sure they are the same. Not had the suspension off of the dci, but they look the same from the top.