ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ipod Battery Life using Aux In Cable

Titanium 182
I have used the search function and cant find anything on this
Basically If I use the cable from here www.floridadaz.com

Which connects into the slot where the headphones would go, the Ipod doesnt charge through this

Now If I have my music up loud will it drain the ipod super quick, or as the cable is connected to the head unit will it use the car battery mostly

Anybody using it and whats the battery life like on the ipod?
I ask as Im going for this cable or the connect 2 one that can charge

Polo + Micra
maybe you could get an in car charger for the ipod to charge it while you use it?

Titanium 182
I suppose but I want to know what the battery life is like, saves me buyng something else

EDIT - lol I just looked on amazon and I can buy chargers for like 2 quid. Not so bad after all

Polo + Micra
it will be about the same as listening to it through headphones maybe slightly longer

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
How are we supposed to know the battery life of your ipod. We don't know which model it is or how old it is. It's just an aux cable. It does not power it in any way. You car is essentially a giant pair of headphones.

I bought one of these when I had the Clio. Charges the ipod, holds it and you can use your own cable to plug into it: http://www.griffintechnology.com/products/tuneflexaux

Polo + Micra
yeah about 30secs of looking on ebay i found one for £1.79 which is less than thailand bj iirc ;)

Titanium 182
I know that the car is basically a giant set of headphones, the reason I ask this Is because the car is pumpin the tunes a lot louder than the headfones ever will

I know how long my Ipod can last with headfones, Im wanting to know how much of a difference the battery life is when using that cable