ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iPhoto: Deleting photos from iPhone?

A silver one
Hello,

So here is the second of my potentially very basic Mac questions.

I attempted to sync my iPhone to my new MBP for the first time last night, but that failed with error 13019 (great!).

I then attempted to import all of my photos from the phone into iPhoto. Simple right? Well actually yes it was, it just took a hell of a long time. After plugging the phone in and launching iPhoto, the coloured spinning wheel (Apple's version of the egg timer?) appeared for around 9 minutes and I couldn't do anything with iPhoto. Is that normal? Surely something built for graphic design etc. shouldn't struggle with importing pictures from an iPhone?

Anyway, once all of the pics were imported I was presented with the option of deleting all of the pics from the phone. I chose no here as I didn't want to delete them all. Once I was happy with the import I plugged the phone back in, launched iPhoto selected the pics I wanted to get rid of and hit delete. Nothing happened. I then clicked Photos>Move to Trash, but this in greyed out.

So the question is how do I delete a large selection of pictures from my iPhone by using iPhoto? Please don't tell me I need to manually delete 3,534 photos manually on my phone :(

cheers in advance for your help,
Matt

MINI FJCW
On mine I just select them either in a batch using shift, then if I want to select individually, use command (cmd), then right hand click on the photo's and then select the trash icon.

A silver one
When I select a batch of photos that are on my iPhone and right click, nothing happens. When I select a batch of photos that have been imported to the Mac and right click I get the option of selecting the trash icon.

MINI FJCW
Hmm.. The only thing I can suggest, is to delete the pictures on your iPhone first then sync again. You can delete multiple pictures on your iPhone by going into Photos > Camera Roll and then clicking the arrow in the top right corner. You can then select the photos you wish to delete.

Useful link here; http://forums.macrumors.com/archive/index.php/t-344835.html

Seems to be a method on the very bottom post.

Any professional recovery tool can retrieve those encrypted photos easily. So, there is any effective way to permanently erase some unwanted photos from your iPhone.
The most secure way is using professional third-party software like iPhone Data Eraser, which is a reliable and effective tool to smash photos and other personal data.