ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iPhone TomTom Car Kit

182 Cup
Can anyone reccomend me an alternative to the original one as I cant justify paying over £100 for a piece of plastice, I have an in car charger as it is so just need a holder for it to attach to the windscreen

Clio 182
The TomTom one is for sale on the Apple website for around £69 I believe.....not a bad saving on a decent piece of kit!

Laz

Trafic 140dci
i got a cheap holder for the windscreen for my iphone off ebay for about a fiver, come with a charger too, works a treat, don't stick to well to the screen if its cold but as soon as it warms up its fine, and if you leave it on that don't matter anyway

Why is the tomtom car kit cheaper for the ipod touch, £79.95?

because it has less features then the iphones you can use the iphones for a handsfree it also enhances the gps the ipods only adds gps an speaker i expect its less complicated an cheaper to make
id consider buying one if it were cheaper for my touch as i found the sound though the speaker useless :eek:

Last edited:
  Mr2 Roadster
You get the same functionality from TomTom for iPhone as I get on my Series 40 TomTom, which I pay £7.99 a month for!

For that reason I'll be selling my TomTom and buying the cradle for my TomTom for iPhone!

E87 118d M Sport
id be cautious of leaving the cradle on the windscreen, but equally dont want to have put it on and off every drive. or have a cable trapsing round the dash.

really want one tho.

02' PH1 172
i got a cheap holder for the windscreen for my iphone off ebay for about a fiver, come with a charger too, works a treat, don't stick to well to the screen if its cold but as soon as it warms up its fine, and if you leave it on that don't matter anyway

thats exactly what i did. works like a charm, i got one without the charger tho and it came to £3.50 delivered

You get the same functionality from TomTom for iPhone as I get on my Series 40 TomTom, which I pay £7.99 a month for!

For that reason I'll be selling my TomTom and buying the cradle for my TomTom for iPhone!

do you mean s60 tomtom isnt pay monthly the software is a bit out of date but is still has an advantage of custom pois over the iphones tbh :S im guessing you mean nokia maps

iPap said:
No, I mean, Series 40, as in:

540 Live,
740 Live and
940 Live.

I understand now one thing to bare in mind the iPhone version doesn't suport live services or custom pois(speed cams)at the moment
If you can live without live traffic info an speed cams you could always cancel live on your go

Last edited:
  Mr2 Roadster
I understand now one thing to bare in mind the iPhone version doesn't suport live services or custom pois(speed cams)at the moment
If you can live without live traffic info an speed cams you could always cancel live on your go

I had what I thought was Live Traffic on the iPhone the other day?!?!

My 540 Live services are awful normally anyway! :(

I had what I thought was Live Traffic on the iPhone the other day?!?!

My 540 Live services are awful normally anyway! :(

ive heard the camera database isnt that good how do you rate it as i use pocket gps for my cams just if your getting no benefit from live cancel it unless you really want a lite all in one option 60quid for the app 100quid mount is alot of money tbh with you having a decent modern 540 ;)

Last edited:
Useless!

I have a Pogo Alert and also pay for third party POI's for the TOMTom, which I'm hoping there will be a way of putting on the iPhone?

the iphone app you cant use custom added pois at this time have you tried
pocket gps database its one of the best so im lead
im guessing your monthy databases an live are alot of money tbh

Last edited:
  Mr2 Roadster
pocket gps database its one of the best so im lead

This is the one I use!

im guessing your monthy databases an live are alot of money tbh

I drive a lot of mile every year, so I can't complain. The Pogo isn't cheap either and there is new hardware due in the new year!

depends on what you need ive only got a 700 :approve:

ive not really used the iphone/touch version for a journey but it seems to be a bit behind for poi and basics like speeding up a route demo even live trafic info

its a shame the 950 lacks a media player/ipod/fm transmitter and extra preinstalled voices id expect this would have been my preferred upgrade ive tried alsorts of sat nav apps an always preferred a stand alone unit

tomtom just seem to be taking things away from older models on their new models :dapprove:

Last edited: