ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iPhone/samsung/HTC/other phone? (no idea about phones)

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Re: i-phone/samsung/HTC/other phone? (no idea about phones)

im getting a htc sensation xe with beats audio. but i know f**k all about phones. i just use it to ring for kebabs, sat nav once in a while, textin me bird, playing angry birds and listening to tunes.
i f**kin hate itunes and not a fan of iphone's weight and poncey image (iphones to me are in the same league as people who wear blazers/jackets on nights out, audi TT's, mini coopers, people who work in 'property' and 'recruitment' and those who go for 'catch ups' in starbucks).

but as i said, i know F all about phones so what a pointless post. i personally like the nokia 6310 with the handy flashlight.

HOPE THIS HELPS

Are you sure we're not related?? You sound like my twin!

realnumber 1

ClioSport Club Member

i personally like the nokia 6310 with the handy flashlight.

HOPE THIS HELPS

Flashlight on my Galaxy S2 is a superb torch.

I couldn't live with a screen as small as the iphone now. I also think the new Nexus might be too big but the S2 is a great alternative/middle ground for size, weight and general greatness...

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy

i dug this badboy out from my parent's house - the simcard is embedded in a sort of credit card sized piece of plastic that slots in. it has quite a spec sheet!

View attachment 71656
[h=3]Phone Features[/h]
  • LCD Screen including a 2 line Information Display
  • Phone directory memory storing up to 180 names and numbers
  • Popular flip design
  • Compact & lightweight
  • Included NiCad battery gives 11 hours standby or 60 minutes talktime
  • SMS Text Messaging read only
  • Caller ID outgoing only
  • Signal, battery & status indicators
  • Complete with twin battery Desktop Charger

You're thick as s**t and twice as runny, so you want something that's easy to use, easy to update, easy to get apps, easy to do everything.

That is an iPhone.

Polo + Micra

You're thick as s**t and twice as runny, so you want something that's easy to use, easy to update, easy to get apps, easy to do everything.

That is an iPhone.

lmao was only a matter of time before iRevels was here

different isn't difficult. phones have to be different to iphones due to the way they love to sue.

my 3 year old daughter has no problem using my sensation but could she use an ipone i doubt it as it would be different so it must be hard to use.

Inferno 182 CUP
Almost committed Apple sin and traded my 4S for a Blackberry bold 9900 yesterday.

Thankfully my mrs told me to STFU

different isn't difficult. phones have to be different to iphones due to the way they love to sue.

my 3 year old daughter has no problem using my sensation but could she use an ipone i doubt it as it would be different so it must be hard to use.

They are different because nobody else can make the UI as slick or intuitive.

It's just Apple that sue is it? No. That's just you and your Anti-iPhone glasses.

Android fans will preach about whatever but it's never the other way around. Nobody with an iPhone cares that you can root your device or wait 3 years for an update. You all just have a massive inferiority complex, as you're demonstrating perfectly.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I hated touch screen phones and I had nokias and samsungs for years.

August 2010 I had a do with orange after my millionth Nokia handset broke / fell to bits / exploded so I did some research into smart phones and I went for the iPhone 4 a couple of weeks of it being released.

I can honestly say this phone changed my life, I never knew what all the hype was about until I started using the phone and got to grips with its features. Here is why;

It's so easy to use, very simple and straight forward.

It does what a phone should do, ring people and text.

Safari and having google on hand no matter where you are Is priceless. (I am aware other smart phones can do this too but I have little experience with them)

I no longer have a sat nav, I use my phone. I can also make and receive calls whilst using the tom tom app.

If I want to know the weather, I use my iPhone

If I want to find a location, items, suppliers etc I use my iPhone (very handy if you are like me and always out and about)

If I want to listen to music, I use my iPhone.

If I want to go on a forum, I use my iPhone.

If I want to send or receive emails whilst I am out I use my iPhone.

I have no experience really with the android phones but after having an iPhone 4 for about 16 months I can tell you that it's ideal of you need one device that does everything and is very easy to use.

Bingo. So simple!

The easiest phone on the market. No menus and sub menus. 1 little square and you're away.

Once you start using one you'll realise just how good it is and once you go iPhone you'll never change back. It sucks you in.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member

Someone on here bought their Grandad one, think it was Spiezels. Said it was the best thing he ever got.

My 3 1/2 year old daughter uses my iPhone without zero help. Honestly. It makes everything so easy for the user.

CBR1000RR Fireblade
The beauty of any idevice is that they are so easy to use. I don't know anyone who has had trouble using IOS.

Edition 30
Coming from being quite anti apple. My sister had ipods since they first came out etc.

2 years ago when the 3GS came up for free on my contract, I thought why not if I don't like it I'll sell it.

It's an amazing phone, all my music in on place all organised for me. All my photos went in folders and games were leagues above any other phone.

Get an iPhone and never look back.

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
My daughter (almost 4) is showing me how to use the mrs iphone 4. She has put all the games into a folder and has been showing me angry birds which is a faking awesome game

I work in a phoneshop so I use iPhones/Samsungs/HTCs every day and without a doubt, iPhones are the most user friendly, if something goes wrong they're easy as f**k to fix, they're so simple but brilliant.

People moan about how they don't want an iPhone because it's 'Apple bla bla', yet I've never had somebody bring back an iPhone to me with a problem, only when they want to know how to do something, yet people are always coming back complaining about their 'far superior' andrioid phones.

The fact they're so simple is what makes them brilliant.

2014 Focus Titanium
HTC's such as the Sensation will do everything an iPhone will do and sometimes a little more, sometimes a little less. However the iPhone is probably the easiest to use, and runs the smoothest by far. I have had my Sensation for 6 months now having come from an iPhone and I really love the Sensation but Android just still isn't as fluid as iOS. Many people because of that reason go back to iOS and you can't blame them, however I prefer Android because I like the little bit of extra bit of control.

Get something like an iPhone 4S or a HTC Sensation and with either you won't be disappointed.