ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iPhone / iTunes fail

Just done the upgrade to ios5, made sure I had backed up first and that encryption button was not ticked. Made sure all apps etc were in iTunes and manually backed up photos.

So then did the upgrade, go to restore and it says backup needs a password. Tried all I could think of.
End result lost all contacts and settings and have to manually restore everything else.

Thanks apple.

I purposefully made sure the encrypt button wasn't ticked so it wouldn't be password protected.

Also I DO know my iTunes password which is the only one associated with the phone and it doesn't work. So the problem is the file that shoudlnt be protected is saying it is. Hence I blame apple, and apple tech support even seem to think it was an error with the backup/upgrade/restore process.