ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iphone deals

I fancy an Iphone, but dont want to pay silly money a month just to get the phone free.

Ideally I want unlimited texts and internet on it, and any more than 200 minutes a month will do. I spend 35 a month at the mo with orange so would happily spend that with o2, but dont want to pay 187 quid or whatever it is to get the old one.

What is the best way to go about sorting one out? The net has the tarrifs on there, and some of the minutes are doubled if you order online, but I really want to sort it so that it starts in a months time if possible, and give orange notice now. So instore seems the way to go.

Could have an arthur daily safternoon to go chat in the o2 shop, but wondered what deals people on here had got to get a free iphone, and at least 1000 texts, if not unlimited please.

Otherwise its the satio which doesn't have great reviews tbh.

Clio 182
the iphone deals are set mate. £35 over 24 months would get you the 3g for free....to get the 3gs for free your looking at £45 over 24months.....

HTC Touch HD 2, thats what im looking at, said to be 'the iphone killer' in the industry. it looks amazing. plus i think its ridiculous paying over the odds for 'apple'. dont be a sheep!!!!! be an individual....baa

Laz

Really don't fancy being tied in for 24 months.

Would be wary going for HTC as I have never heard of them. Is it a brand new company or were they something else before?

HTC make some superb phones, the build quality is excellent - try the HTC Hero or G2 touch (T-mobile's version). You can get 18 month contract for £30 inc 600 mins, unlimited text and web with a free G2.

Clio 182
i can vouch for the hero, i have it on orange atm, £21, 600 mins unltd txt and internet....staff discount ftw :)

HTC make some superb phones, the build quality is excellent - try the HTC Hero or G2 touch (T-mobile's version). You can get 18 month contract for £30 inc 600 mins, unlimited text and web with a free G2.

Il have a play with one in a phone shop at the weekend and see if it takes my fancy. Are they likely to make many applications for it in the future? People are bound to continue to make the iPhone future proof with long term support. I worry that with something like the HTC that it will be redundant in a short period

Audi A4 1.8T Sport
HTC have been around for many years.

i've had HTC phones for the last 5/6 years, always been excellent build quality. Support is good from HTC, but the carriers (paticularly T-Mobile) are crap at software updates.

If you get a carrier branded handset, then the software is custom to that carrier. So if HTC release a update, then it might take a while (if at all) for the carrier to also do the update.

you can always unlock the ROM tho... http://forum.xda-developers.com/ is a good place to start :) loads of Developers on there. no end to apps etc available for Windows Mobile.

Not a big fan on Android, too restricted. (and you can boot android from Windows Mobile)

Plenty of apps out there for it and Android I belive will be well supported for a long time to come!

I wouldn't get an iPhone atm anyway.

I hate it when you turn up... I really need a new phone.. but then you go mention a new iphone again and I re-consider hanging on!

Maybe I should judt get some cheap PAYG piece of junk and wait to see what the new one is like!

As long as they dont make it any bigger!

I wouldn't get an iPhone atm anyway.

Whens the new one out?

My current contract is at 18 months now, so i'm tempted to give them the 30 days notice, and then hang on and see what new deals are about in the new year. But I may lose my number if I dont use the PAC code in a certain period of time, which I don't want.

Barge
New one coming out in June, so no point getting yourself tied into a 18/24 month contract to have an inferior phone in 6 months, when all the fanboys on here will be waving about their new ones. LOL. Hi.

I've heard some good things about this new HTC, although from what someone people have said they seem a bit unreliable on certain carriers. I guess it's the same with everything.

And you won't get a deal on the iPhone. Simples.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
New iphone on vodafone come july! Oh hai there!

I am currently using a phone that was released in 2003 as my old SE buggered up a year ago. I am not a willy waver really so not too bothered if I got an iPhone that was out of date in 6 months.

When I said deal, I was looking for what was the better package to get. Would happily pay 40 a month if I was getting the phone for free and enough texts to last me.

My problem is i've been out the game way too long and have no idea what is what these days with good phones. I would have just got a w995 and been happy with that, but that was purely because orange were going to give it to me for free and reduce my bill by £10, but I can't get a great signal with them where I live now, so don't want another 18 months if I can help it.

Barge
I got that W995 as an upgrade and sold it - it looked a mint phone. I'd also be tempted by a HTC if I didn't have my iPhone. The only thing is the signals from T-Mobile is pretty s**t round here, and unless I'm mistaken - so is Vodaphone. So O2 it is and all their phones, bar iPisch, were pretty w**k.

TBH, you'll always have to pay for the iPhone, or be tied into a long contract if you want it for free. Investigate the alternatives, you'll probably get those free!

When I said deal, I was looking for what was the better package to get. Would happily pay 40 a month if I was getting the phone for free and enough texts to last me.

It's the most popular phone out.

If you don't pay what they ask and take the mins/texts offered, then the person behind you in the queue will.

Apple set the price high and they really don't need to discount it. So it's pretty much as you see it TBH.

Vodaphone is alright here, there is a mast about half a mile from my house which would be ideal.

Thinking about it it would annoy me if I payed a substantial amount monthly just to get an iPhone, and then wait until at least june 2010 to get an upgrade. Will be a year out of date by then like you say.

Dynamique Flamer
Just get a cheap PAYG phone until the new iPhone comes out? The tarif will be rather expensive though! (as i found out :() I wouldn't get a HTC though as the only person I knew with one hated it.

DCi
i rang o2 up today and said im nearing the end of my contract and i want an iphone, i think i will buy out my contract and get one but im thinking of going to orange as their cinema deal would save me a considerable amount of money - im wondering if there is anything you could do to retain me as an o2 customer

'well sir the systems are down at the moment (;) ;)) but as of yesterday (;) ;)) we can start offering discounts on the phone of up to £100 from £187 depending on your contract (;) ;)) but as i said the systems are down until 2 so ring back then'

yeah, right!

Lol. Someone didn't want a disconnect on their account.

I don't understand why they do that because if you phone back within 30days and speak to another advisor, it still goes down as the first persons cancellation.

It would be awesome for people if it's true but I very much doubt it.

DCi
hi are your systems down still?
no why?
i tried to ring before and someone told me the systems were down, i think they were trying to stop me cancelling a contract and told me a porkie pie!
ohhhhh no no they have just come back on earlier than expected, just as i started my shift!!
ha ha i'd hate to work saturdays what time you gotta be in there for?
it's not so bad i started at 10
oh, well i rang at 11 and the system was down but anyway i'd like to cancel my contract... :D

LOL! Pwned. Did you cancel?

iPhone PAYG is the best bet I think. Especially if you text a lot. Just a fair bit of cash to stump up to start with..

DCi
yeah i cancelled in the end. i've been reducing my tariff every month for a while so it wont cost much when the PAK comes through :D

i am going with the 500 / 600 contract because it's about right for me and i dont fancy paying 400 odd just before xmas!

MCS R56
Really don't fancy being tied in for 24 months.

Would be wary going for HTC as I have never heard of them. Is it a brand new company or were they something else before?

HTC have been around for years. I've had an HTC for 2 years and it's been awesome, if a little large! I'll be going for the new HTC in January - stuff the iPhone!