ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iPhone: Backup or Transfer Your Purchased Content?

A silver one
Hello,

Apologies in advance for what is going to be the first of many (probably) extremely basic iPhone / iTunes / Mac questions. The 15" MBP which I asked for advice on (http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?582924-13-quot-MBP-Will-I-regret-it) has just arrived, and before I go straight in with both feet, syncing, restoring, backing up and losing all of my data, I'd like to know that I'm doing it right.

So to the question. What is the difference in the above?

Does the backup, back up everything on my iPhone, apart from things that I have purchased from iTunes, App Store and iBooks store? Does transfer purchases backup those 3 things?

Once I have done a backup and transfer purchases, could I then for example delete the Angry Birds app from my phone, and then at a later date restore it and have all of my highscores, gold star levels, etc?

Again, apologies for asking what to some probably seems like a ridiculously basic question.

Cheers in advance for your help,
Matt

Last edited:

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
No, if you delete an app it removes the app data. Unless specified.

A silver one
Cheers Tom. So is there no way to back an app up, delete it and restore it a later date?

Last edited: