ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPhone 5.

This is a poll.

• Total voters
  Suzuki Ignis Sport
Had problem with my iPhone 5 camera ... pictures were hazy and over exposed and developed a black spot at the bottom of the camera.

Booked an appointment at my local genius bar, told them the problem, bish bash bosh... replacement iPhone 5.

Thank you once again Apple.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Got an iPhone 5...
...And im still waiting for it to connect to o2.

The girl said it can take 24 hours on the new sim (same number) I still have the old sim in my iPhone 4...?

Is this having any effect on the 5 gaining my number/details etc? Also, is there any easy way to have all my contacts moved to the new phone without drama or is it a manual entry affair?

I would phone o2 but i dont think they're open!

Never above 25mpg
just backup your old phone and then sync the new one with the old data?

Have you turned the phone off and on again??

The number stays on the old SIM until it's transferred by the network and the old SIM will then show no service.

GTD, Lupo
Got mine last friday and the battery life is pretty poor. Might let it run down and a full charge might help if not its going back.

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
My sleep/wake button is being temperamental. Quite often just doesn't work. Bit of a pain. I'd take it to Apple but I can't be arsed going through to Glasgow.

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
My sleep/wake button is being temperamental. Quite often just doesn't work. Bit of a pain. I'd take it to Apple but I can't be arsed going through to Glasgow.

Mines the same. Cba to go to Cardiff either. Plus I'm worried they just won't believe me

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Buy one with expandable/removable memory next time... oh, wait... trolololol

I have a poverty spec 4S and I never fill it. What do you do?

ST
My 32 is almost full tho I could remove some music I'll never listen to. My misses 64gb 5 has 6 albums and 130 odd pics on it.. It makes me sad :(

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
I keep my collection trimmed to what I actually listen to and could never bring myself to watch movies on it because the screen is too damn small.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
or use itunes match? i got my full music collection on there, then on my iphone i have it all listed if i want something it downloads to my phone... dont need to store anything on it

eves

ClioSport Club Member
  An old banger!

Yep my sleep/wake button is the same i have to Hit the button centrally for it to work which isnt always as easy as it sounds. Booked in at apple Saturday. I want a replacement.

MatthewR

ClioSport Club Member
or use itunes match? i got my full music collection on there, then on my iphone i have it all listed if i want something it downloads to my phone... dont need to store anything on it

I thought itunes match wasn't working properly on iOS 6?

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Mine was replaced last week due to sleep/wake button issues.

The UPS guy that came to swap it out said he's doing loads of iPhone 5 exchange work, way more than the previous generations.

Golf R32
My phone is up for renewal this weekend and for those that had the 4S and upgraded to the 5 was it worth upgrading ?

I've read the constant rumour mill stuff at about people having niggling issues and about the scratching, especially the black, though I've never scratched any of mine and I've never used a case though if I upgrade I'll get a case just to be safe.

Also providers/tariffs for the phone, is it worth sticking with O2 ? I know that they wont be supporting EE for the 5 and tbh I'm not bothered about sticking with them as they were c***s with the blackberry I had for work. I'm only really bothered about txting and data, calls are just a bonus.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
I ditched O2 and recently switched to a smart phone tariff with Tesco mobile.

Monthly contract
3000min voice to any network/landlines
5000 sms
3Gb data

£20 a month including vat.

They do some others which are cheaper but the above was better than anything O2 could serve up. Two weeks in now and no real complaints from the service which is via the O2 network anyway.

Mick

ST
Yep my sleep/wake button is the same i have to Hit the button centrally for it to work which isnt always as easy as it sounds. Booked in at apple Saturday. I want a replacement.

Mine sometimes doesn't react at all when the on/off button is used to either just lock the phone let alone to turn it on or off.. Did they replace yours ?

GTD, Lupo
I ditched O2 and recently switched to a smart phone tariff with Tesco mobile.

Monthly contract
3000min voice to any network/landlines
5000 sms
3Gb data

£20 a month including vat.

They do some others which are cheaper but the above was better than anything O2 could serve up. Two weeks in now and no real complaints from the service which is via the O2 network anyway.

Mick

That's strange, O2 offered me;

Unlimited calls
Unlimited texts
3Gb data
£30 for 16Gig iPhone 5

For £31 a month, it's for 24 months mind but it works out at £10 a month when you take away the cost of an IPhone 5. Can't complain.