ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPhone 5.

This is a poll.

• Total voters
  133/225/CLS AMG
I was a Vodafone man until I realised that the coverage in my area is utter gash so ended up on O2 now.

Really can't complain about Phones4U, £100 off a 64gb 5??? Be silly not too.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Well I can divulge how cheap I've managed to get my upgrade now it's all done and dusted. Before I didn't have the figures.

I did the following:

10 days before warranty went have phone replaced by apple.
Sold phone as mint, boxed etc
Purchased iPhone 5 off of someone I know off of here

This leaves me with 4 months contract left on Voda (I was on 18 monther iirc)

In 4 time months I can almost half my plan to £26 on a rolling 30 day contract.

My Method:

Total cost to upgrade (taking into account phone sale): £150
Line rental over 12 months: £372

Total: £522

Equivalent cost to do this on Vodafone by upgrading and paying off contract:

Pay off contract: £164
Purchase handset (taking into account phone sale): £-11
Line rental over 12 months: £492

Total: £645

Fair saving there, and I'm free to mess around with my contract however I want

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
I'm approaching the £640 mark (over 2 years)

Thats before i flog the 5, which i'll get £200 ish for so more like £440 over 2 years. Not bad really.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
My five will be gone as soon as the next handset is out, I think now I'm totally out of contract whilst owning one (previously I've always paid off a few months at the end with the money from the sale of the phone) I should be able to continue just buying handsets outright from this point forward.

How did you achieve £640 over two years? Friends and family?

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
My five will be gone as soon as the next handset is out, I think now I'm totally out of contract whilst owning one (previously I've always paid off a few months at the end with the money from the sale of the phone) I should be able to continue just buying handsets outright from this point forward.

How did you achieve £640 over two years? Friends and family?

Yeah, plus last year cost me barely anything after all the cash backs and discounts, got lucky there. (selling the 4 for a great price helped too)

Not to say this hasn't been an expensive process. From the £169 on my 8gb iPhone to the £1000's i must have spent being with O2.
Voda has been amazing tbh. Couldn't be happier.

ST
64£ PM for both 32gig 5s, 4gb of data between both, unlimited mins, unlimited texts with vodafone, 12 months, 480£ from selling previous handsets covered the costs of both phones, new phone will come next year - repeat.

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
My phone is suddenly shite! Really annoying me with delays and stuff. Don't know I it's phone or network related

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Well I ordered a 16gb from Vodafone. It'll come when it comes. My 4 is going a little pissy, home button doing my tits in.

Mercedes
The deal i got with Vodafone is this:

12 Month Contact upgrade @41 per month 600 mins, unlimited texts and internet including Vodafone sure signal, £492 for the year

Cost of handset to upgrade from a 4s also on a 12 month Deal £199 for a 64GB in Black.

Total cost for the 5 for 12 Months = £692

Total to go out and buy the phone would have been £699 so I only saved £8 quid there but I could knock of the residual Value off the 4s and the 5's Value in a year.

The 4s Cost me for the year £79 for the phone and £41 a month again total cost £571, I could have sold it for £250 if the Mrs wasn't having it, so that cost me £321.

If i calculate what a sim only deal and phone costs I am much better off sticking to the 12 month Upgrades with Voda

DB.

BMW 440i
32GB is a must for me phone wise for music/images/videos. Nothing worse than recording something whilst on the move and your memory running out like it did with my 16GB 4S.

I think If I went iPad though, I'd be tempted by 64GB and chucking some films on etc for travelling!

Will probably go for it before my next trip/travels.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Black I hope, little Kevin? Should've went baller spec 32gb>

White this time. Hides the crap so much better. My 4 is Black so fancied a change. :) Super homo though.

Oh and I really don't need a 32gb. 18 months and i'm not even close to filling my 16gb 4.

I never store much on the my new iPad or my Phone. That's what the old laptop and 1TB HD are for. ;)

DB.

BMW 440i
Depends how you use your phone I suppose. I use my iPhone to supply music to the car and whilst in the gym etc!

Saying that, I still haven't bought an adaptor to get my 5 working in my car, just been using the girlfriends 4 instead of forking out lol

has anyone started getting there iphones who ordered with a 3-4 week wait ?

i need to get one in the next few days otherwise i will blow this months pay on something else like i did last month before i know it the 5S will be out

RB 182
How bad is the whole scuff thing on the black one? Ordering mine soon but can't decide what colour, would go black but don't want it to get all scratched within a month