ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPhone 5.

This is a poll.

• Total voters

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
Bad news for those of you who like to rub your keys on your phone :(

Case is the only answer IMO.

Apple should have gone for a glass back again and a non painted bezel.

Last edited by a moderator:
  Suzuki Ignis Sport
What about restoring from an iCloud backup? Your iPhone never needs to be connected to a computer these days.

I thought about this, but storage for iCloud is only 5GB and i have about 14GB worth of data on the 4 that i want on the 5!

Bubbles

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW I4 M50
I just checked on iOS5. It's identical.

That screen shot is the old weather app, but it has changed.

Before you would have to tap on the current day to get the hourly breakdown, now it's there to scroll with all the time. (You'll understand If you look :))

Im loving the new 5

eugegall

ClioSport Club Member
Some of you may or may not be surprised to hear this, but the upgrade from the 3gs to 4s doesnt even come close to the upgrade from the 4s to 5.

The device is a thing of beauty and is awesome.

Bus w**ker
Got to play with one this morning and I'm amazed, ok so yeah it's not all that revolutionary from previous models but my god does it look and feel good. Soooo light it's actually unbelievable, still undecided on which looks better though but there will be a some white ones knocking about next week so I'll be able to decide then. Properly jealous as I sit here with my 4 like a tramp.

*Edit

Some of you may or may not be surprised to hear this, but the upgrade from the 3gs to 4s doesnt even come close to the upgrade from the 4s to 5.

Not seeing that personally, but you're a simple Southerner so things like fire still seem like huge jumps in technology.

A case is the only way forward by the looks of it ( that video ) or it'll look dog s**t in a few weeks. Apple have obviously not given the back of the black phone a thorough scratch test or they would of noticed it doesn't stand up well.....maybe they just don't care.

eugegall

ClioSport Club Member
Obviously this comment will invite some sort of island-dweller jibe but I don't think he's far wrong.

Did you just almost agree with me?

The look, the feel, how it performs is completely different. I was dubious whilst watching the key notes but when the thing is in your hand it doesnt feel anything like the previous models and not just because of the size increase.

RS6 C7
I'm glad I upgraded to the 5 but I can see why some people would feel it's not worth upgrading from a 4s.

It runs alot faster than the previous model and the screen quality is a massive difference. I'm still trying to get use to the size of the screen. I have to re-adjust how I'm holding the phone to reach things at the top of the screen haha.

DB.

BMW 440i
I love the size of the screen, extra memory (Went for 32GB rather than 16GB), weight, and the speed. Certainly feels a lot quicker to me!

BMW E46 330i Touring

The device is a thing of beauty and is awesome.

I haven't tried the 5 but it must be a MASSIVE leap forward from the 4s to surpass the advance that happened from the 3GS to 4s.

Bus w**ker
Obviously this comment will invite some sort of island-dweller jibe but I don't think he's far wrong.

S'il vous plaît, comme si je ne suis que predicatble! Vous ridicule Français, comme si quelqu'un s'attend à ce que vous soyez d'accord avec les Anglais. ;)

I'm not saying that the 5 isn't a big improvement over the 4 or even the 4S, it's silly quick to any previous model, but I just don't think it compares at all in the technological jump from the 3GS to 4. That was like going from a 386 to an i7. Is it worth upgrading from the 4 or 4S, yes without doubt just for the faster processor, increased RAM and screen size - I can however see why the none geeks or people that aren't powerusers would be under whelmed.

eugegall

ClioSport Club Member
S'il vous plaît, comme si je ne suis que predicatble! Vous ridicule Français, comme si quelqu'un s'attend à ce que vous soyez d'accord avec les Anglais. ;)

I'm not saying that the 5 isn't a big improvement over the 4 or even the 4S, it's silly quick to any previous model, but I just don't think it compares at all in the technological jump from the 3GS to 4. That was like going from a 386 to an i7. Is it worth upgrading from the 4 or 4S, yes without doubt just for the faster processor, increased RAM and screen size - I can however see why the none geeks or people that aren't powerusers would be under whelmed.

Or because you're northern (You asked me not to call you a pikey again) and you're just jealous you cant get one? Most likely.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Only criticism I have so far is the corners of the screen seem to be a bit unresponsive at times. Other than that, loving it.

Right, my thoughts, which people will not agree!

Speed for me is marginally quicker than a 4s running iOS6, but nothing that blows the 4s away.

Too light for me, I like the nice firm weight of the 4S.

Screen is a nice size, other than that I don't see any differences.

The wife is happy with it which is the main point! But I'm sticking with my 4S.

An orange one
I think things have just reached a point now where the changes get more subtle on each generation, people who upgrade to each and every model, and then the S models in between either have too much money to burn or are just hardcore apple geeks...

I got my 4 on launch day...which was a big leap from my 3G, but I have to be honest...the 4S didn't interest me at all... I only changed to the 5 as I felt I wanted something different to look at and use, 27 months is a long time to keep a phone! A day later, and in hindsight... I can't say I'm excited about having a 5, Yes the camera is a big improvement and it looks nice but if I could go back and not pre-order one then I probably would just keep the 4 going another year.

Maybe I'm just getting older, but there seems more exciting things to spend my money on these days :)

Bus w**ker
Or because you're northern (You asked me not to call you a pikey again) and you're just jealous you cant get one? Most likely.

I was jealous of the 4S but not the 5, although that's more because I've made the decision this time not to buy and instead spend the money on stuff for my new gaff instead of contractual reasons. So no, the reasoning is because I'm not a r****d and can make a solid argument to back up my opinion. Plus my 4, now I've fixed it an made it pretty and white, works flawlessly so I'll just get the 5S (or whatever it's called).

Now just admit that you're a technotard impressed by new shiny things and not the actual technology itself, so that we can all get on with our lives.

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
Right, my thoughts, which people will not agree!

Speed for me is marginally quicker than a 4s running iOS6, but nothing that blows the 4s away.

Too light for me, I like the nice firm weight of the 4S.

Screen is a nice size, other than that I don't see any differences.

The wife is happy with it which is the main point! But I'm sticking with my 4S.

The fact that iOS5->iOS6 was such a non event won't have helped matters.

Walked into O2 store whilst in town today just on the off chance that they had some in.
Walked out with a 32GB black, last one in store.

First impression, this thing needs a case otherwise it'll get covered in marks.
Mine has a few already straight out the box. Usual Apple quality control at work still I see.

Evo 5 RS

TBH you can be geek and be underwhelmed by it. There isn't anything particularly impressive at all about it. Its the software that wins it. For me at least

fiesta 1.25
Ok issues so far..

The screen seems very unresponsive to me? And the sound of typing is delayed?

The wifi signal seems very poor and iMessage seems much slower.

Anyone else think the same?