ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPhone 5.

This is a poll.

• Total voters

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Re: iPhone 5. Pre-Orders 14/9. Ships 21/9. iOS6 19/9

I've just ordered a three contact.

200 mins
5000 texts
500MB
12 Months

£6.90 a month

£50 cashback through Quidco

Effective cost per month of £2.73!

Chaps, when you register to send your phone to a recycling place, how long can you hold on the the phone before you send it in?

I ask as o2 have 3 week delivery, but if I register to send the phone in now, I doubt I can hold on to it for 3 weeks while I wait for the new one to turn up.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member

You usually have 14 days to get it to them.

DB.

BMW 440i

Chaps, when you register to send your phone to a recycling place, how long can you hold on the the phone before you send it in?

I ask as o2 have 3 week delivery, but if I register to send the phone in now, I doubt I can hold on to it for 3 weeks while I wait for the new one to turn up.

I had 14 days from Tuesday in order to get £300 for my 16GB 4S.

Going to send it off next Thursday, and will be without a phone until my 5 arrives. Doesn't matter too much as I'll just borrow the mrs old phone in between. Will be lost without an iPhone though lol

dk

911 GTS Cab

iPhone 4 sold out of initial stock in 20 hours in the US
iPhone 4s sold out of initial stock in 22 hours in the US
iPhone 5 sold out of initial stock in under 60 mins in the US

Expected to sell 6m in the first weekend and 10m by the end of the first week.

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS

What were the 'initial stock' levels for each phone?

Decided to bite the bullet even though I wasnt initially intending to.

Getting £255 for my 4S, and bought an upgrade via o2 for £299 (as I went for the 32GB). So upgraded phone costs me £45, with a contract £5 cheaper with more data etc.

dk

911 GTS Cab

What were the 'initial stock' levels for each phone?
not sure, but to compare, the 4s sold 4m in the first weekend (the 5 is expected to be 6m) and the 4s was double that of the 4, so i guess the 4 was 2m.

so in essence i guess as they all sold out, those were the initial stock figures.

Just rang tmobile

iPhone 5 16GB Black (more than enough)

Unlimited calls, texts, Internet, 4G (which is coming in new years eve)

Cost me £49 for the phone and £41 a month (been paying 45 a months for my 4)

Not bad :) she will send me out a Micro Sim thing too and I ring customer services the same day and they will swap my number over. Should be here in 2 - 3 weeks

Ace :D

I haven't read up on this and cba going on google but,

Does the iPhone 5 work with all the old docks and such via the 30 pin adapter,

And also will the radio in my mk3 still allow me to change songs via USB input, I can't see why not just clarifying

200 mins
5000 texts
500MB
12 Months

£6.90 a month

Good deal, Currently paying near double that on Vodafone. What's three like these day's? Good coverage? I might switch is they're alright.

Fiesta ST-3

200 mins
5000 texts
500MB
12 Months

£6.90 a month

How does quidco work? They have some great deals for orange sim only contracts!

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3

Just rang tmobile

iPhone 5 16GB Black (more than enough)

Unlimited calls, texts, Internet, 4G (which is coming in new years eve)

Cost me £49 for the phone and £41 a month (been paying 45 a months for my 4)

Not bad :) she will send me out a Micro Sim thing too and I ring customer services the same day and they will swap my number over. Should be here in 2 - 3 weeks

Ace :D

Nano sim I hope? Micro sim is for the 4 and 4S. Nano is for the 5.

Fiesta ST-3

I'd seen someone on here got a Vodafone one?

Really?

Im still undecided on which sim only deal to go for and when I spoke to vodafone, they said they would send me a micro sim and that I would have to ring to get the nano on the 21st.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member

Good deal, Currently paying near double that on Vodafone. What's three like these day's? Good coverage? I might switch is they're alright.

I tried them last year and lasted a month. That's when I had a job travelling over the region though. Now I'm not in the sticks as much they should be better, I've talked to people living where I am moving to and three has the best 3G signal apparently.

How does quidco work? They have some great deals for orange sim only contracts!

The first £5 of cash back you earn a year goes to Quidco, you keep the rest.

You can make a fair bit too, car insurance/home insurance/BB/phones plus buying big ticket items. It's worth using, some other cash back sites offer more money (usually about 50p more to beat quidco) but I've never had a problem so just stick with them.

FLOL at Cliosport schooling Apple on the logistics of manufacturing and supplying a mobile phone. "Just make some more". Genius! WTF did we ever need Steve Jobs for?

Stone the crows.

Slow red one

200 mins
5000 texts
500MB
12 Months

£6.90 a month

May go for this! currently paying £12.50 a month with tesco.

182 Cup

I haven't read up on this and cba going on google but,

Does the iPhone 5 work with all the old docks and such via the 30 pin adapter,

And also will the radio in my mk3 still allow me to change songs via USB input, I can't see why not just clarifying

Different connector so you'll need an adapter

182 Ly ff.

Just upgraded through 3, £34 a month 500 mins 5k texts and all you can eat data £79 up front cost. Sold my 4 for £200! So quite pleased all in all.

DB.

BMW 440i

Wonder if it's true and if they (one of them) has been there at all hours since they first started.

Deeg

ClioSport Club Member
FLOL at Cliosport schooling Apple on the logistics of manufacturing and supplying a mobile phone. "Just make some more". Genius! WTF did we ever need Steve Jobs for?

Stone the crows.

There is a fundamental misunderstanding of manufacturing and supply chains early on in this thread.

Just make and ship more.

Capacity? No problem, lol.

Mountune Tractor

I'm not upgrading from the 4S now, but not surprisingly the price of my phone with envirofone has now dropped from £325 to £270, lol. Can still get £325 if it gets to them by the 25th September.

Last edited:

DB.

BMW 440i

Their plan was to raise awareness for the charity, and they are now on every news site, so I think they've managed to do what they set out to do, and it's funny the guy who is supposedly always first has been beaten to it, he'll be crying into his MacBook now!

Didn't realise there was a cause behind it, fair play to them!

Slow red one

Since I work at tesco I'm deciding weather to wait and see when they get some in and use discount, or try the apple store (not that they'll have any for a few weeks) If I order online it'd take 2-3 weeks, f**k that.

182 Trophy

If orange can do me a black 16gb for owt close to 36quid a month with unlimited net and 800ish texts, only need 100mins then I'll have one.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member

Well I've just arranged to go to a beer festival Friday at 1pm now, so it better come before then!

Changes to often

If orange can do me a black 16gb for owt close to 36quid a month with unlimited net and 800ish texts, only need 100mins then I'll have one.

orange are doing unlimited internet, text and calls on the 16gb but its £56pm, free phone tho

DB.

BMW 440i

one of the best deals that is IMO, at carphone the upfront cost is only £49

I went for the 32GB deal with them. Just hope the iPhone doesn't take toooooo long to get delivered.