ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPhone 5.

This is a poll.

• Total voters
  vauxhall corsa
Re: iPhone 5. Pre-Orders 14/9. Ships 21/9. iOS6 19/9

i take it you can confirm that it will be available to pre-order at either 12.01 or 8 in the morning, not in the middle at like 3 in the morning??

i take it you can confirm that it will be available to pre-order at either 12.01 or 8 in the morning, not in the middle at like 3 in the morning??

From a few of the thread's on the Apple discussion forum, people are saying that they've rang up Apple and been told it's 00:01am Pacific Standard Time, meaning 8:00am for the UK.. Still no official, in writing, word though.

Honda. Tesla Someday

Thanks for all the replies.

Yes, the only way of keeping my unlimited data is to buy it offline, that's why I paid for the 4 in full.

But this time, must upgrade. Got a lot going on and can't warrant spending £600+ on a phone right now lol.

Revels, you said I can carry out my O2 'upgrade' at the apple store? Do I need to arrange anything with O2 beforehand?

Oh and I don't tether, I'm just out a lot lol! Thanks again

BG 182
Who's the other man? :rasp:

That's what I said. She's on maternity leave, so calling her mum and best friend for like 45 min most days is the cause, £70 in extra calls it's cost me, and they're mostly landline numbers! Suffice to say I now have bt unlimited anytime calls! Gonna def change networks so we are are all on Voda so get free Voda-Voda calls

Goliath I
So, a larger screen, better camera and a faster processor for quite the inflated price?

No. Hardly the breakthrough technological advancement many expected.

SQ5
It's hard to advance on such a great phone, they've just refined it and added some better things to "keep up" with the market.

BG 182
So, a larger screen, better camera and a faster processor for quite the inflated price?

No. Hardly the breakthrough technological advancement many expected.

Pretty much the same price as all new release iPhones? The manufacturing process and materials used warrant the price IMO, not to mention the upgrade over the previous model

2014 Focus Titanium

It's hard to advance on such a great phone, they've just refined it and added some better things to "keep up" with the market.

Not really. Wireless charging, NFC would have been great advancements. Anyway I'm not here to troll, just wanted to point that out.

Slow red one

I think last year it went online at 9.30 if I remember right, so should be anyone's guess this time.

An orange one

I still can't believe it doesn't say when we can order... Or is it deliberate to ease the amount of traffic as nobody knows

Mountune Tractor

Yeah this poor update, pants iPhone5 will still outstrip sales of any single phone ever released. Go figure.

A great update from a 3GS/4 but I see zero point in updating from a 4S unless you have money to burn or like fancy gadgets.
Of course it will sell well, it is the best handset out there on the best operating system, but it's not a good enough upgrade to warrant me spending ££££££.

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
I think I've lost interest with all the nano sim and when to pre order confusion.
I'll let the dust settle and get one in a few weeks :)

ado

ClioSport Club Member
  기아 &#4

I'm ordering mine this afternoon (Korea) from the US. Hopefully I can get a sim card soon.

Honda. Tesla Someday

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2012/09/13/4g_iphone/

This says that o2 and Vodafone will never be able to offer 4G LTE in the UK because EE owns the entire band.

If o2 and Voda wanted to offer 4G, they'd have to wait till the 3G band was cleared up for 4G use, which could take 5-10 years!

Anyone know if this is entirely accurate??? If so, I may leave o2!

Inferno 182FF

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2012/09/13/4g_iphone/

This says that o2 and Vodafone will never be able to offer 4G LTE in the UK because EE owns the entire band.

If o2 and Voda wanted to offer 4G, they'd have to wait till the 3G band was cleared up for 4G use, which could take 5-10 years!

Anyone know if this is entirely accurate??? If so, I may leave o2!
There are talks going on currently between o2 and EE apparently trying to work out a deal for a usage policy? But will come with a big price to pay I think

Edition 30

I'm now gonna wait until I see one in the flesh uinto I buy.

If I had the 4S I probably wouldn't upgrade. But the 4 is old now.
Birthday on the 28th, might pick one up then.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member

I'd of thought EE would have to share their network with voda/O2, otherwise it would be anti competitive from such a huge network surely?

O2 will have their own 4G network soon, but possibly not on the bands the (first gen) iPhone 5 will work with afaik.

Honda. Tesla Someday

I wish the network operators released their pricing before the Apple pre-orders so people can figure out wtf they're doing! Annoying!

dk

911 GTS Cab

i'm going back to black, black car, black phone, going for a 64gb though, my 32gb keeps running out of space.

Should be a decent upgrade from the 4 I'm hoping, was happy to miss out the 4s.

It says online that we can order in the uk starting from 3am I read , unless I was reading the american pre order time ;-)

DB.

BMW 440i

It says online that we can order in the uk starting from 3am I read , unless I was reading the american pre order time ;-)

Ronnie will have his head in his hands now, and trooping downstairs to make some coffee LOL

DB.

BMW 440i

i'm going back to black, black car, black phone, going for a 64gb though, my 32gb keeps running out of space.

Should be a decent upgrade from the 4 I'm hoping, was happy to miss out the 4s.

Same here, although rather than a SLK55 AMG, I just bought some new black jeans, and some new black trainers. Basically on the same level.

I'm going 32GB this time! I think I could fill 23GBish easily, then the rest will be to play with.

I've also always thought black looked better in a case, and I'm to clumsy to keep it naked anymore, as much as I would love to!

Ged

PD130 Peach
I will never be able to afford the 32gb, will have to make do with 16. Iv had to cut down allot on photos music apps.. Basically everything.

You would have thought by now 32 would be standard.

Apple give me a memory card slot. Oh wait that removes revenue from you :(

Brian

ClioSport Admin
  LY 220 Trophy

^ LOL, I'm sure if they did that on a random uk street, Brits would be equally as dumb

eugegall

ClioSport Club Member

Did someone say that pre order on networks starts at 8am too?