ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPhone 5.

This is a poll.

• Total voters
Re: iPhone 5. Pre-Orders 14/9. Ships 21/9. iOS6 19/9

How did you get it a day early??

I work for TM. Wasn't able to activate it as they are pretty strict on the 8am rule, they actually said don't open them until tomorrow but I couldn't bare waiting any longer :eek:

How did orange get it so wrong? They offered pre-orders way before O2, yet they will still get their handsets tomorrow!

CBR1000RR Fireblade

What have orange actually done to mess things up?

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR

To save a new thread maybe someone can help me!

I'm 7 months from upgrade with my 4, but it's really playing up so I need to get rid. If I bought a sim free 5 from apple, could/would orange supply me with the smaller simcard with my current contract details so i can use it straight away?

RS6 C7

To save a new thread maybe someone can help me!

I'm 7 months from upgrade with my 4, but it's really playing up so I need to get rid. If I bought a sim free 5 from apple, could/would orange supply me with the smaller simcard with my current contract details so i can use it straight away?

My 02 contract isn't due for renewal until Jan. Went in and they gave me a nano sim and swapped it over.

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR

^ cool cheers mate, assuming orange will be along the same lines.
will nip in on saturday.

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member

Orange are w*nkers >.<

I once tried to set up my credit card to add money to my phone. After the 5th attempt I made them delete everything and I gave up. A company who can't even get my information right in 5 attempts probably has no hope against even the most basic of hackers.

dk

911 GTS Cab

Can anyone explain what's wrong with adding google maps to the home screen? Just curious.
its less real estate, important when using maps, theres no compass, so using it to get to a meeting in london once out of the tube is not possible, its doesn't move around with your orientation, no gyroscope, so all the things that made the app great.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

I've been using iOS 6 for months, the maps aren't as useful. Turn by turn is brilliant, the interface is perfect. But thats where it ends.
But on holiday i had to rely on an iOS 5 device to get me around SanFran, i think that says it all.

I hope apple approve a dedicated google maps app.

AK

M240i

I'm pretty much fucked for getting round London now, lol.

Google maps http://www.macrumors.com/2012/09/20...ready-submitted-native-ios-maps-app-to-apple/

Also a statement from Apple:

"Customers around the world are upgrading to iOS 6 with over 200 new features including Apple Maps, our first map service," said spokeswoman Trudy Miller. "We are excited to offer this service with innovative new features like Flyover, turn by turn navigation, and Siri integration. We launched this new map service knowing it is a major initiative and that we are just getting started with it. Maps is a cloud-based solution and the more people use it, the better it will get. We appreciate all of the customer feedback and are working hard to make the customer experience even better."

Last edited:

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
1) typed in the wrong exp date on credit card because in a rush.
2) orange notice, call me, sort the problem. Great so far.
3) over 2 days later my order number still says there's a problem. And despite an email saying its been resolved I don't have a receipt summary email, nor have they taken the money from me.

The f**k, orange?

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
I've been using iOS 6 for months, the maps aren't as useful. Turn by turn is brilliant, the interface is perfect. But thats where it ends.
But on holiday i had to rely on an iOS 5 device to get me around SanFran, i think that says it all.

I hope apple approve a dedicated google maps app.

ETA on non-Female maps?

RS6 C7

Haha,

The local village by me has suddenly got some big shops!

404171_10151057784311625_1347301418_n.jpg

dk

911 GTS Cab

if i backup my iPhone 4 to iTunes running iOS 5, then when i get my iPhone 5 do a restore from that backup, it'll bring everything back but on ios6 won't it, the restore from backup won't put iOS 5 on the iPhone 5 will it?

or is it best to set it up as a new iPhone and restore from iCloud, and then sun my music from iTunes as a new iPhone?

is there a limit to how many devices you can sun with a computer, as i am syncing 2 iPads, an iPhone and then another iPhone tomorrow?

thanks

MatthewR

ClioSport Club Member

if i backup my iPhone 4 to iTunes running iOS 5, then when i get my iPhone 5 do a restore from that backup, it'll bring everything back but on ios6 won't it, the restore from backup won't put iOS 5 on the iPhone 5 will it?

or is it best to set it up as a new iPhone and restore from iCloud, and then sun my music from iTunes as a new iPhone?

is there a limit to how many devices you can sun with a computer, as i am syncing 2 iPads, an iPhone and then another iPhone tomorrow?

thanks

Off topic but what is this?

dk

911 GTS Cab

should be sync, must have misspelled it and autocorrect messed it up

eugegall

ClioSport Club Member

Just checked mine and my girlfriends delivery address on their website. They are both completely wrong. It will be interesting to see if they arrive.

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS

I wonder what's freaking out the guy at the front.

RS Clio 182

Cant understand this mass hysteria about a phone,this thread just proves it.....people camping outside the shops,really? Im an Apple fan,love my iMac,Ipod etc. but the jump from the 4s to the iPhone 5 is not massive,lighter,faster,wow that was to be expected..i dont get it.... :S

RacingBlue + IceBurg

Wahay. just got the text

Your Orange order ********* is due for delivery Monday. To Reschedule Text 1=Tue, 2=Wed, 3=Thu or visit www.ukmail.com quoting ************

Bus w**ker

thanks

Yeah the back up doesn't affect the firmware, so it will just dump your profile over the new user profile on the 5.

No clue if there's a limit on the amount of devices you can sync, if there is though I'd have thought it would be substancially higher that four devices.

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS

I don't think I'll get mine today. It's somewhere between Birmingham and Edinburgh just now.

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.

Loving this one...please let it not be fake. (sometimes tube workers do have a sense of humour)

tumblr_maok9ngDbA1rhptwbo1_1280.jpg

Incidentally apple's response:

Apple said:
"Customers around the world are upgrading to iOS 6 with over 200 new features including Apple Maps, our first map service," said spokeswoman Trudy Miller. "We are excited to offer this service with innovative new features like Flyover, turn by turn navigation, and Siri integration. We launched this new map service knowing it is a major initiative and that we are just getting started with it. Maps is a cloud-based solution and the more people use it, the better it will get. We appreciate all of the customer feedback and are working hard to make the customer experience even better."
Which is interesting, because unless they've started employing wizards and have developed minority report style technology, I have zero idea of how they will be able to fix these maps with "cloud sourced data", given that all they could possibly get from a handset is a GPS location, nothing more, nothing less.