ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iPhone 4 on OS 4.0.1 restore

Skoda Fabia Vrs 180b
I want to restore it and keep it on 4.0.1 but itunes wont let me unless i agree to upgrade to 4.0.2

how do I get around this?

Skoda Fabia Vrs 180b
thats true. need to take it to apple to hopefully be replaced for the second time as is restarting itself for no reason. will get a torrent of it. is it just the case of pressing shift on the restore button?

If you've not updated, you should still have it. It'll be in the iTunes folder.

Just search your comp for IPSW and that'll find it.

If you're taking it to Apple, why don't you want it on 4.0.2? They'll ask you if you've restored etc, so will expect you to be on the latest firmware.

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
You can't unless you saved your shsh blobs while apple were still signing 4.0.1.

If you didn't save it then you'll only be able to restore the current version which apple are signing, which is 4.0.2.

Skoda Fabia Vrs 180b
i have the blobs saved. dont wanna upgrade to 4.0.2 incase they wont replace and im stuck with a dodgy phone on 4.0.2 that i cant jailbreak if I wish

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
i have the blobs saved. dont wanna upgrade to 4.0.2 incase they wont replace and im stuck with a dodgy phone on 4.0.2 that i cant jailbreak if I wish

Then you need to use tinyumbrella to fake the apple authentication server with your saved shsh blob and then use iTunes to restore your local copy of 4.0.1. Job done.

You have your shsh blob, you can downgrade to 4.0.1 whenever you want, regardless of what version running.