ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Iphone 3gs frozen on apple screen! Help please!

www.renparts.co.uk
Hi, sorry if this has been covered before I'm awful at searching, if so please point me in the right direction!

I recently got an iphone 4s so sold my old 3gs to my friend, Im on o2, shes on o2. I didn't do anything to the phone apart from delete the pics, left all the apps on there etc

She has just tried to put it into her computer and restore factory settings now its stuck on the apple screen and won't do anything else? Im awful at comps / phone related stuff so have no idea what to suggest! If you press and hold the top button and the home button it resets but only goes so far as the lit up apple again!

Help please!

Thanks Kat :)

edit** while your all helping, I also had to get rid of itunes on my laptop, so my music is one my old iphone 3gs only, not itunes (which has now been downloaded again), does anyone know how I get get it onto this phone?!

Last edited:

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Reset and wait about 20 min. If nothing happens put it into DFU mode and restore.

Step 1: Turn off your iPod touch / iPhone completely and connect to PC / ma
Step 2: Hold down the Power button for 3 seconds

Step 3: Without releasing the power button, also hold the Home button for 10 seconds
Step 4: Without releasing the home button, release the power button and keep holding the Home button for 20 seconds.
Itunes will identify that you are in DFU mode.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
With the itunes thing, check your music isn't still on the laptop.

(Usually in My Documents, Music, iTunes)

If it is, reinstall itunes and point it to that folder.

www.renparts.co.uk
She has tried to do do that and when it does it is recognised by itunes but the phone remains frozen on the logo and then after about 5 mins it turns to that spinning wheel logo?

Its so annoying because it was working fine before all the emails working etc, its only once shes tried to restore to factory settings that its messed up!

Grrr :(

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Sounds like a corrupted backup. Try syncing only your contacts/mail to iCloud, then run a fresh restore. Once it's up and running, sync your details that you saved to iCloud.

www.renparts.co.uk
Please will you explain in thick people terms how to do that so I can give her a step by step guide, I don't know how to even do that lol

also if it syncs to i cloud, will it be my i cloud :S as in I need give her my i tunes log in ?

sorry for being rubbish!

BG 182FF
Just as a long shot, try restarting your phone (Different to turning off and on)

Hold down the power and home button till the phone turns off, keep both buttons pressed till it turns back on and the apple logo shows.

Might not make a slight bit of difference, but it fully reboots the phone, where as just powering down doesn't.