ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Iphone 2g 2.0 unlock and Jailbreak

Black Gold 182 FF
Hello,

I have an iphone which I unlocked and jailbroke at version 1.1.4 and would like to update to version 2.0 for the APPs etc- was gonna use winpwn. Has anybody here done this? I was wondering about loosing contacts etc off phone and being able to re-install bigboss prefs for EDGE data switch off (I am not on an iphone contract so don't want data charges, I use wifi for data).

Will I encounter any probs or will it be as straight forward as my last unlock/jailbreak with Ziphone? Anybody done the same thing?

Cheers,

Floridadaz :cool:

Black Gold 182 FF
Cheers,

Was that with the 2.0 firmware onto the phone from a previously unlocked/jailbroken 1.1.4 or lower?

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport
i'm also keen to do this but i wasn't sure if version 2.0 could by unlocked yet, i thought only jailbreaking was possible...

Black Gold 182 FF
Last time I checked out T'internet Update 2.0 had been WinPwned but Apple has recently updated 2.0 to fix some minor bugs and winpwn was not able to unlock this yet- winpwn version 2.5 would be able to but was still under test. I might wait till this works ok and the Bigboss prefs works.

Black Gold 182 FF
Yeah winpwn would unlock and jailbreak 2.0 on a 2g iphone- just not the very latest apple update.