ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iPad Mini

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
I just did it online, it then said I can collect tomorrow after 5pm once delivered to the store.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
I just did it online, it then said I can collect tomorrow after 5pm once delivered to the store.

WTF? Thats gay. It wont let me do that. It says out of stock and will not let me select any local stores for collection.

Gavin.

ClioSport Club Member
I have just managed to pick a new 32gb up for £300 from a mate, so if anyone wants a 16gb I just want to recoup the cost of my new one. Thats still cheaper than anyone on eBay or Amazon.

Oh and its Black by the way.

Couldn't find a stand or anything for it so made my own after getting ideas off the web

img0046jpg2.jpg

Old CD spindle, works extremely well!

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Anyone found companies that have them in stock or just a short wait? Mines not expected until the 31/12 direct from apple.

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
Anyone found companies that have them in stock or just a short wait? Mines not expected until the 31/12 direct from apple.

Apple stores get deliveries nearly every day so it's a case of being in the right place at the right time.

16Gbs ain't in stock for long, 32 and 64s slightly longer but even then they tend to fly out the shops.

Suzuki Jimny
Glad I got mine now.

Went into a local PC world the day after launch and got one, didn't want to wait 2 weeks for apple to deliver one.

Ben182

ClioSport Club Member
  X3
Mine arrived today, ordered it from dabs last week. I had previously signed up to a stock alert email from Argos and they've emailed a few times to say they have stock doubt it would last long though

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
Mine arrived today, ordered it from dabs last week. I had previously signed up to a stock alert email from Argos and they've emailed a few times to say they have stock doubt it would last long though

I got one from argos last night checked 10mins later and said sold out :(

AK

M240i
I am still so tempted by one of these! But will try and hold out for a refreshed version next year.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Well after being given a ETA of 31st Jan Apple have just delivered the mini. Bargain, i'm no longer in trouble with the mrs.

Clio 172
I never understand why people do this.

Wanted them for Christmas, one cost was being split over 5 of us (present for mum), the other was for the GF. Didn't have the chance to buy them before, so had to pay the price. Both of them where only 30 and 40 pound over apples retail, so not bothered

Clio 172
I don't see the point either, so please explain as im obviously idiot also....

It really is quite obvious though.

For when an iPad is too big (believe it or not, it's quite common!), commuting is the biggest thing I can think of.

Also, it's practically a cheap iPad

DB.

BMW 440i
I don't see the point either, so please explain as im obviously idiot also....

Before I proceed. Answer a couple of questions for me please?

Why do some people buy 20" or 32" TVs as opposed to 40" TV's?
Why do some people buy the 21.5" iMac over the 27" iMac?
Why do some people chose lesser performing cars eg. Audi A3 1.8 Petrol as opposed to the Audi S3?

DB.

BMW 440i
I'll answer them for you...

Some people don't need the extra size
Some people don't want the extra size
The larger version doesn't fit their place of use
There are cheaper alternatives that will satisfy their wants and needs
They can't afford the top model, and will settle for the smaller version

In terms of the iPad Mini:
They travel all over the world/uk and want the most travel friendly option
Commuters will be more suited to the iPad Mini, especially on trains and buses.
Some can't afford the larger iPad
Some prefer the slate back of the iPad mini
It may be for children, where it will be more user friendly in terms of size

The list could go on and on and on. How you can't grasp that is beyond me, although my IQ is above 10, so I can understand why you may struggle.

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
I never really felt the need for an iPad. But my mum has just bought a mini and it feels sexy. The screen is average thought which is disappointing, ill wait for a retina mini.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
I'll answer them for you...

Some people don't need the extra size
Some people don't want the extra size
The larger version doesn't fit their place of use
There are cheaper alternatives that will satisfy their wants and needs
They can't afford the top model, and will settle for the smaller version

In terms of the iPad Mini:
They travel all over the world/uk and want the most travel friendly option
Commuters will be more suited to the iPad Mini, especially on trains and buses.
Some can't afford the larger iPad
Some prefer the slate back of the iPad mini
It may be for children, where it will be more user friendly in terms of size

The list could go on and on and on. How you can't grasp that is beyond me, although my IQ is above 10, so I can understand why you may struggle.

Lol

I've never felt the need for any tablet, as for me my netbook/laptop will do any task a tablet will do and more. Granted its nice to have the choice, and i can also see for long commutes reasonably useful (if there is decent connection). However, judging by your garbled rantings, its obvious you're some kind of Apple fanboy and therefore wont understand that not everybody needs to have the latest release. (Like me, an idiot/r****d)

DB.

BMW 440i
I don't have an iPad Mini, It wouldn't suit my needs, but I understand my cousin who travels to London all the time via Train is suited to it and loves it. I'm just not that narrow minded to think that because it doesn't suit me, theres no point in it.

Im also fairly confident its point is fairly valued by many, not just 'fanboys', as a multi billion $ company will have researched this before releasing a product.

Clio 172
Lol

I've never felt the need for any tablet, as for me my netbook/laptop will do any task a tablet will do and more. Granted its nice to have the choice, and i can also see for long commutes reasonably useful (if there is decent connection). However, judging by your garbled rantings, its obvious you're some kind of Apple fanboy and therefore wont understand that not everybody needs to have the latest release. (Like me, an idiot/r****d)

Because it doesn't suit your needs, it means its useless, and there's no point to it?

Since I got my iPad (last year), I can count the amount of times iv used my laptop on both hands.

As you said ,it does everything my laptop does and more, without having to lug it around, open it up, wait for it to boot, probably have to plug it in the wall, sit there at a table/sofa with a hot laptop on my lap.

It's perfect when I wana search the web, or do bit or spreadsheet/word processing work. Intact, by the time my laptop would of booted up, I'm normally finished on the iPad.

The mini would be exactly the same on the train or bus. I can't see a point in it f your sitting at home using it, but it's a lot easier to carry around. I hated using my full size iPad on the train

I have a iPad 2 too, I don't need to downsize so I haven't. Haven't upgraded for the "sake of it" neither, but will be getting a 4 in the new year as retina is sublime compared to the 2's screen.

Before I proceed. Answer a couple of questions for me please?

Why do some people buy 20" or 32" TVs as opposed to 40" TV's?
Why do some people buy the 21.5" iMac over the 27" iMac?
Why do some people chose lesser performing cars eg. Audi A3 1.8 Petrol as opposed to the Audi S3?

Because they cost less :rasp:

Sorry, I'll get my coat ;)

So many idiots in here. I'm entitled to my opinion, just because you idiots have bought one and feel the need to defend your buy. Please tell me how there not pointless. iPad is hardly big. If I wanted to I could take it everywhere with me. If I don't have my iPad with me then I will pull out my iPhone 5. Simple really. Never once have I been doing anything on my iPhone where I've thought damn I wish I had an ipad mini which is about 2 inch bigger. Pointless product. The end

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
The points have been raised before. You just choose to be an idiot and fail to acknowledge them. I have an iPad. Tried a mini and really like the weight saving. My mum is getting one for Xmas as it is ideal for being carted about. Much more than a normal iPad. Accept it has a valid use.

One more troll post and you get 3 mths off.

LY 182
So many idiots in here. I'm entitled to my opinion, just because you idiots have bought one and feel the need to defend your buy. Please tell me how there not pointless. iPad is hardly big. If I wanted to I could take it everywhere with me. If I don't have my iPad with me then I will pull out my iPhone 5. Simple really. Never once have I been doing anything on my iPhone where I've thought damn I wish I had an ipad mini which is about 2 inch bigger. Pointless product. The end

I'd say the people who have purchased the product and used it for a period of time are in a far better position to judge than you are.

I love mine. No need to get in to details, plenty of people have already provided valid points why it's so useful.

Go troll somewhere else.