ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ipad issues

GRitch

ClioSport Club Member
  Polo BlueGT
Morning,

I thought i'd post in here to see if anyone could help me...

I was recently in hospital and took my Ipad, when i went in, it was jailbroken and would not let me watch SkyGo or BT sports because of this. I decided to take the Jailbreak away because of this. Now, here's where the problems came in...

The Ipad went into a loop of trying to reboot and just went round in circles as far as the apple logo on start up. A couple of weeks went by and i decided i would get round to putting the Ipad back to factory. I plugged it into my laptop to let it charge and then reset it. From there, it would not charge (as far as i can see) or go on.

I have tried doing a hard reset and also putting it into bootmode (can't remember the apple name for their version), Still, it will not turn on or even show the charging symbol on the Ipad, can anyone be of any help to getting it back up and running?

It is an Ipad 2 and has rarely been used so can't really justify binning it and getting a new one.

Thanks,
Greg

Lou

ClioSport Club Member
  182 & 595
Have you tried doing it this way? I know you have said you have tried hard reset and DFU but was it done as below?

First connect your iPad to your laptop
Then launch iTunes.
Now hold down both Power and Home buttons on the device for 10 seconds.
After 10 seconds are over, release the Power button but keep holding down the Home button until iTunes shows that your device is in DFU mode then try and restore from there?

GRitch

ClioSport Club Member
  Polo BlueGT
I have indeed @Lou, I'll give it a go gain when i'm at home in case i have done something wrong. It just didn't have any sign of life.

Left it on charge for 24+ hours and still no signs of life.