ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iPad charger won't go in port anymore?

535d / t5 caravelle
My sons iPad charger doesn't seem to want to go into the charging port anymore, won't even go in a tiny bit! It's an iPad 4 under 12 months old, had a hard life with a 4 year old abusing it constantly, I'm guessing this will not be covered by warranty? And if not am I best taking it to Apple or an independent shop to get the repair done?

Cheers

STICKER TWONK

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf GTi DSG
Why will it not be covered by warranty? Its less then 12 months old, take it back to Apple, they'll swap it for a replacement FOC.

MG ZR x2, Polo, CTR
check the charging port isn't full of fluff.

My iphone one has a similar issue and wasn't charging properly.
Scooped a load of pocket lint out with a toothpick, been good as gold since.

535d / t5 caravelle
I presumed they would not replace/repair it, as im guessing its broke from one of my kids being rough with it, even though it has a griffin case on, i'll give it a try and not mention the kids ;)

nothing visible in the port, so I don't think its that, it wont even go in a tiny bit

Listerine & Poledo
yep, apple might well be alright about it.
Probably just get you a replacement, refurb one from out the back and swap it on the spot.