ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iPad 3 - Released March 16th. Pre-Orders start 7th March

dk

911 GTS Cab
finally got mine, 64gb wifi, although i had done it so many times and got the address slightly wrong lol, didn't expect it to go through, but it did. the postcode is correct so it should get there.

As i'm working that day offsite i'm having it sent to my hans, my mum will then pick it up from her (hopefully), then get my mate to pick it up from her on the saturday for him to bring it down to me that day as he's visiting, bit of a mission but hopefully it should work. If not, it will be 100 miles away :(

dk

911 GTS Cab
White 16gb Wifi for moi.

Can't see how I'd come close to filling that never mind 32 or 64gb.

my 32 gb has been full for months, and thats without any films on now, so i desperately need the upgrade. apps are getting bigger, then lots of work apps, goodreader is getting bigger and bigger with pdfs, dropbox etc and then magazines, each eve is about 650mb now, and i have several other subscriptions.

was hoping they'd bring out a 128gb, but i guess that will be next years upgrade now.

I'm still umming and arring, I want one but i forgot it didn't have an SD card slot, one of my main wants was to be able to whip my memory card out of the camera and put it in the iPad, still there is the USB adapter. And the low storage capacity annoys me, does anyone know why its still low? i thought it would be starter 32gb then 64gb and 128gb by now.

ado

ClioSport Club Member
  기아 &#4
Pov spec ordered.

Tried 8 times in total between the Apple app and web, hope 10 don't turn up. lol

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
Very tempted as handy to carry around instead of the MBP. Would kill for one right now instead of this crappy netbook on holiday!

Mk2 Golf GTI
64gb wifi in white done.

Was gonna go 4g but there's no point until the UK actually has it. Which will probably be by the time the next iPad is out.

Using it at work so need to find a decent cover now. Mate of mine has an otterbox but it ain't exactly sexy!

Tesla MP3 2021
64gb wifi in white done.

Was gonna go 4g but there's no point until the UK actually has it. Which will probably be by the time the next iPad is out.

Using it at work so need to find a decent cover now. Mate of mine has an otterbox but it ain't exactly sexy!

Wait for the Incipio feather cover (back) and buddy that with a smart cover... thats what I now use on my iPad 2 and its a great combo.

I'm still umming and arring, I want one but i forgot it didn't have an SD card slot, one of my main wants was to be able to whip my memory card out of the camera and put it in the iPad, still there is the USB adapter. And the low storage capacity annoys me, does anyone know why its still low? i thought it would be starter 32gb then 64gb and 128gb by now.

I've been using the SD card adapter. £25 iirc.

I'd rather use that, than have an SD card slot built in, which I use 2/3 times a month.

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
Might pick one up when I'm on holiday in May if I have the cash. Safari on my iPad crashing when loading pics is starting to do my nut in.

Can't see how I'd come close to filling that never mind 32 or 64gb.

I work my little iPad hard, DJing practice at home (so lots of music on it), as a photo back up when I'm away (so always like to have at least 10GB free at any time) and general photo editing, so frequently loading 4GB cards on and off. I was always a bit too close too the limit with the 32GB model, so decided to push the boat out this time given how much I use it.

Mk2 Golf GTI
Wait for the Incipio feather cover (back) and buddy that with a smart cover... thats what I now use on my iPad 2 and its a great combo.

Cheers mate, looks more like what I need. The otterbox is really good protection but we work in a gym so it's a bit OTT in my opinion. More construction site sort of thing!

I went with 64gb, as with the new screen I'll be looking to load a ton of HD content on there and have loads of books/music to cram on too. My 16gb phone is rammed to the hilt and I don't even have vids on it.

My phone is JB'd so might get that mywi tethering app for the rare occasion that I'm not in range of wifi. TBH though, I mainly use the web for reading articles when out and about so I'll just store a load of them up on instapaper and not worry about it.

8 days!! Moist.

Audi S1
Must...Resist...Ordering.

Been saying for months now I'll wait for the iPad 3 to come out and then buy one. But now it's out I don't think I'm going to bother. Nice upgrade from the iPad 2 though!

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
I've ordered a 32GB WiFi, not in a rush to sell the old one. But im sure i'll shift it.

Cant wait.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Can I just ask, no doubt in the wrong thread. Do most iPad owners have laptops or desktops?

There are a lot of stuff I can't actually watch/listen to on my iPhone. Audio on the bbc sport website for eg. It doesn't annoy me as I have the laptop but I had an iPad 1 for a while and it was still kinda frustrating.

I don't see me being able to have just an iPad and no laptop.

Edition 30
I have iphone, ipad and laptop.

Haven't used my laptop for 5 months. There are ways around things. I love how easy the iPad is to use. So tempted by the 3 right now :(

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
i still cant believe there arent and CAD apps on for apple devices. even simple drafting ones lol.

i thought autodesk was CAD software untill i saw that demo last night :dapprove:

Listerine & Poledo
May buy one. 32gb in white, 4g.

but, well, I dont know if it's really worth it. It's just another toy

So tempted to get one, but just bought a car and got insurance etc going out next month. Will only be the 16gb as I won't have my music etc on my iPad and will just stream stuff from the NAS using Plex.

Philip.

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 245
Can I just ask, no doubt in the wrong thread. Do most iPad owners have laptops or desktops?

There are a lot of stuff I can't actually watch/listen to on my iPhone. Audio on the bbc sport website for eg. It doesn't annoy me as I have the laptop but I had an iPad 1 for a while and it was still kinda frustrating.

I don't see me being able to have just an iPad and no laptop.

I have an iPad 2 and a laptop (not a mac)
I just always use my laptop tbh!

Used to have an iMac at home too but i've taken that into work now.

I've got a iPad 2 and 4S for general browsing, then a PC and laptop for media/webdesign.

My iPads are used 90% of the time, laptop is booted up once a week at most, media PC is always on for streaming, where the iPad is used as it's screen.

I haven't found many sites I struggle to use on the iPad yet, but I'd never sell the laptop/PC for an iPad.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I watch a lot of football streamed if it's not on sky/tv I can't do that on an iPad.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Sadly not Dan. :( Vipbox atually. No big deal. We had her Dad's one for 6 months ish and we did use it, just not sure used it enough.

The whole media player/flash player thing is still a bug bear of mine. Everything should be iPad friendly!

Less and less things are flash. That trend will continue.

I use my iMac way more than I use my iPad. I only really use my iPad when I want to browse in bed :eek:

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
That's the best thing about them! So easy just to pick up and use!

I'll see if the missus fancies one, she used it more than me last time.

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
So the only thing thats really new and notciable about this pad is the display? Reports say its 'fast, just like the ipad2', so no noticable improvement from the hardware, and nobody used the camera anyway :S Have they done anything the people asked for, like usb support? I find it very handy to be able to plug a memeory stick into my pad to copy stuff on/off, view work files etc

It'll never have a USB port and it's going to be a lot faster.

You're obviously reading reports written by thick people. Lol.

I'm not sure what people actually expect? They've improved every aspect of it and yet people are still moaning about it (Don't just mean you) and that it's a poor upgrade?

It's a far bigger change than iPad1 > iPad2.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Not really any need for USB Sticks these days. Dropbox is safer and more convenient.

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
yeah, but lots of people were pissed about the ipad1 > ipad2 upgrade, so I would have thought they would put more of an effort in to give people what the need. I dont hink the reports I am reading are by thick people, else they wouldnt be the first people int he work to play with it would they. Another point well made is that the screen may be super clear on native apps, screens etc, but its not going to make any difference on those non hd apps and videos is it?!

I'm not really sure what point you're trying to make.

Apple know what people need far better than a few bloggers moaning about flash and a USB port. If you want that, there's hundreds of Android tablets on the shelves.

People moaned about the iPad2, in the same way people moan about every single new Apple product.

The iPad hasn't sold in the millions for no reason.

Yes. Poor content will look poor. That's obvious. In the same way SD TV looks crap. Doesn't stop people buying 1080p plasmas for the good stuff though does it?