ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iOS "must have" apps

Skoda Fabia Vrs 180b
Re: iPhone "must have" apps?

Might just be me as got it off instalous. Ping is a great app especially as it's free for a limited time. As the 2 people I message most have iPhones I now have no needfor the unlimited txt bundle.

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi

Genuinely surprised that two people can have such differing experiences of one product. I was in town today so tried South Park on DVD...

667009614_mZrpp-L.jpg

As expected it found it no problem, took about a second (on Edge) to bring up the results.

Basically, if you scan anything that's on Amazon or Google Product Search it will give you the best prices. So if you've found a game in HMV that looks like a bargain, scan it and instantly compare prices.

Awesome,

But tbh i wouldnt be seen doing that, id be just too embaresd(sp) :eek: lol

Might just be me as got it off instalous.

Possible, there was a pretty poor broken first version apparently. For £1.19 I'm not complaining, will probably make my money back on it within a couple of weeks.

Awesome,

But tbh i wouldnt be seen doing that, id be just too embaresd(sp) :eek: lol

Why?! The missus is sending me pics when she is out shopping all the time saying "think this looks ok?" etc, this is no different really.

It's very quick, just align the camera with the the barcode (a window appears on the screen to help you) and the results appear in 1-2 seconds.

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi

Possible, there was a pretty poor broken first version apparently. For £1.19 I'm not complaining, will probably make my money back on it within a couple of weeks.

Why?! The missus is sending me pics when she is out shopping all the time saying "think this looks ok?" etc, this is no different really.

It's very quick, just align the camera with the the barcode (a window appears on the screen to help you) and the results appear in 1-2 seconds.

I dont kno tbh, probably just me as i hate shopping, only time i go into town is christmas shopping :eek: and thats only for like 30min as i plan my route lol,

dk

911 GTS Cab

not sure if its been mentioned but does anyone remember when we were controlling those webcams around the world from that security flaw which meant most of them were accessible by everyone on the web and some you can control.

Well now there is an app for that, Live Cams, its bloody brilliant, had me hooked for hours, so many cams from around the world and i can control a lot of them. its funny, you move a camera around then you see the operator move it back to where they wanted it, so you move it some more and they move it back lol.

Just been playing with one in Hawaii, palm trees being blown about like rag dolls, reckon they are in for a bad storm, then one on a beach in california then some biolab somewhere, hours of fun lol. And its free!

182 RB FF

Ben Mine works fine mate only installed it yesterday. Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling?

'Braddrum' if anyone wants to add!

Monaco 53/468

just searched for that and no results ^^^

What is it?

Just bought the Live Cam app, can't control hardly any camera's and the app keeps closing, deleted it now as it was pissin' me off

Last edited:

dk

911 GTS Cab

just searched for that and no results ^^^

What is it?

Just bought the Live Cam app, can't control hardly any camera's and the app keeps closing, deleted it now as it was pissin' me off
that on a 3g or a 3gs? Guessing its a 3g as its perfect on my 3gs?

i seem to have found a lot i can play with, was controlling a camera on alcatraz this morning.

eves

ClioSport Club Member
  An old banger!

yeh fifa is alright..... will just take abit of time to get used to!!!

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi

not sure if its been mentioned but does anyone remember when we were controlling those webcams around the world from that security flaw which meant most of them were accessible by everyone on the web and some you can control.

Well now there is an app for that, Live Cams, its bloody brilliant, had me hooked for hours, so many cams from around the world and i can control a lot of them. its funny, you move a camera around then you see the operator move it back to where they wanted it, so you move it some more and they move it back lol.

Just been playing with one in Hawaii, palm trees being blown about like rag dolls, reckon they are in for a bad storm, then one on a beach in california then some biolab somewhere, hours of fun lol. And its free!

downloaded this last night though for 59p what can go wrong, OMG is the only words i can say, big brother is really watchin us tbh as i was watchin new york and was watchin day to day people goin to work etc, would be awesome if you could zooom in tho beCause some hot chicks on the beach lol

172beast

Ping started off good for me, now whenever I get a message it dosen't display in the app and I can't seem to reply, pity, would be good if it wasn't so buggy

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi

Ping works fine for me, i only use it to talk to one person as shes the only person i kno on the iphone, but notificiations pop up each time i get a reply.

The only crap part is that it doesnt hold alot of writing, say if i wright 4lines then from the 5th onwards it doesnt show, so i have to send it as another message.

Will it work if say someone had a HTC hero and download's this app, could i talk to them then?

Lou

I got Ping and loads of randoms are Pinging me - probably cos i have such a hard to guess username - Louise

E36 328

Cba to read the thread but if anyone hasnt got alive4ever, then get it its sooooooo good!!

dk

911 GTS Cab

downloaded this last night though for 59p what can go wrong, OMG is the only words i can say, big brother is really watchin us tbh as i was watchin new york and was watchin day to day people goin to work etc, would be awesome if you could zooom in tho beCause some hot chicks on the beach lol
you can zoom and move some of them around, they have a controls button in the bottom right if you can control it.

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi

Yee i saw the option, but the camera i was on huntinghton(sp) beach didnt have it, suprised how they have managed to get all camera on the app tbh,

Was showing mum it the other day and she was wondering if there was one of disneyland or around orlando etc and we found one in a sea world, dolphins swimming in the pools was nice to see, rated 4* from me :)

Fiat Panda 100hp

The cam app I have is called iSpy. Rather good, worth the 59p for when I'm bored.

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi

good game i got the other night is "Fling" preety addictive as i cant pass level 8 :( try the "Fling Lite" before payin 59p tho

E87 118d M Sport

bought the redlaser app last night after seeing that it had overtaken tomtom and copilot in the highest grossing apps. it is actually amazing.

works on any product that is available online from places like amazon/google products etc (doesnt do food + drink etc) but from pressing scan, the 'picture'/'scan' is taken in 1 second, (and on wifi) the results return within 1 second. fantastic!!!!!!

SkySmash is brilliant, gorgeous graphics. It's the first vertical shooter I've played on the iPhone so I don't know if the control method is the norm, but it's fantastic. Wondered how it would work but they've worked around the limitations beautifully.

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy

ok... what sat nav? tom tom or the other one? (what is it called?)
seems a bit pricey at 59.99 for tom tom...

any thoughts people? I know it was discussed a while ago but:

1. i can't find where.
2. i want ot see if views have changed.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Co-Pilot. Just about to get a brilliant update.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200

Hope the copilot update improves things. Been as useful as a wet kipper for navigation since the Last update.