ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Intersting tow-out on the rear!

Clio 182
Noticed that my near-side near tyre was looking pretty abused, so took the car in (182) to have a look at the alignment. Found out that it's rocking 25 minutes of toe-out on that side, not exactly ideal and explains why things have been getting a bit interesting at speeds that raelly didn't justify it!

So, having had a chat with the garage we've got a couple of theories. 1 - the beam in bent, but I don't think this really seems to happen? Couldn't see anything on this site. 2 - the stub axle is bent.

2 would obviously be an easier fix, just replace the axle. What are the chances of the beam being buggered? Is it as rare as I'm thinking? If it turns out to be that, we're looking at using a camber/toe kit to offset the error - seems like a reasonable way of thinking? especially with the garage it's at being more than familiar with these kits.

Cheers,

Mark