ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Internet Timer?

Is there such a thing as an internet timer? My dad asked me to find a 'program' which he can load onto his comp to limit the time my little brother is online.. He's 13.

Something maybe you could input a time, and once that time is up, it puts a block on the internet?

any ideas?

Buy a Mac.
I'm 99% sure OSX Leopard does this.. :p

Altho, that might be like Vista in that it logs them off after that time.. I guess you just want internet stopping?

I guess you could look for a router with parentel controls? But it might stop everyone then..

Last edited:
yeah basically the pc is in my brothers room, so he can basically use it when ever and for how ever long he wants.. its really just some sort of cut off to the internet he is after..

buyin a mac isnt an option :rasp:

Clio MK2 (1.2)
when hes been on for ages, just disconect the cable from the Phone point :) he will just think the internet has packed in, but reconnect it later on :)

Go to Argos you can get 3 plug timer for around £10 i think we payed, really handy for other stuff to

aye i dont actually live with them, but thought i would ask on here.. reason they cant just unplug it is he gets home from school earlier than father finishes work lol

Buy a Mac.

Altho, that might be like Vista in that it logs them off after that time.. I guess you just want internet stopping?

I guess you could look for a router with parentel controls? But it might stop everyone then..

Yes OS X Leopard has this as part of it's parental controls as Daz says. Not used it but looks good.

dk

911 GTS Cab
how about installing a windows 2003 server and run active directory, that'll sort it out;)

Formally Clio 182
Buy a Mac.

Yes OS X Leopard has this as part of it's parental controls as Daz says. Not used it but looks good.

Yeah never knew how it looks. Here's the settings in Leopard:

Attachments

• Picture 1.png
    Picture 1.png
    267.7 KB · Views: 43
Yep, thats what I thought.. but, that's complete computer usage, not just internet.. which might not be useful..

It's the same in Vista, too.

Formally Clio 182
Oh yeah theres more than that.

You can access logs, restrict mail, chat programs, content, web, etc, etc.

Formally Clio 182
I find it funny that with Windows you need additonal software to do this. Another reason why I love macs.

If you go for a timer. If you have a modem/router check in the setup that you can restrict the internet based on the time of the day.

i.e. I can log into it and tell it I want to give interweb access on a certain day between 9 - 5 etc.

mk2 ph1
If you go for a timer. If you have a modem/router check in the setup that you can restrict the internet based on the time of the day.

i.e. I can log into it and tell it I want to give interweb access on a certain day between 9 - 5 etc.

Ditto, best way. Can put a block on his mac address for certain times of day.

Audi TT 225
How about this?
http://www.softheap.com/fr.html

Allows you to deny any programs you want for certain times of the day or even by the looks of it deny everything except what you allow. I.e Office for his homework.. Suppose this would have the same effect as disabling his internet.