ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Internet Keeps Dropping Out?

Mito Sportiva 135
Got Orange broadband and up until 2 weeks ago has been working perfectly via a wireless router.

However for past 2 weeks online it's been dropping out intermittently, sometimes often and sometimes infrequently. But it's really annoying for online gaming as it signs out of Xbox Live obviously so I am kicked out of any game I am in.

Any idea of what the issue might be or how to resolve it? Like I said not changed anything and I don't think it's an inherant problem because I can get into games and play in them, but just seems a problem which is not going away!

Any help would be REALLY great as can't figure it out personally.

Tom

Audi TT 3.2 V6
First port of call would be to call Orange and see if there are any known network problems in the area.

If they say everything is ok then try connecting your router directly into the BT test port as this temporarily disconnects your extensions and telephone equiptment etc.

http://www.broadbandfault.com/flashing_dsl_light.html

If you find it works ok in the test port then you have a fault on your internal wiring or a device of yours is playing up eg our cordless phone base station was putting interfierence on the line and causing disconnects.

If it still doesnt work then odd are its a problem with BT's line which they should come out and repair for free.

Hope thats of some help

182FF with cup packs
If you are connected on wireless, it's possible that someone else has another WiFi AP on the same channel. That'll make your wifi drop out all the time.